News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob_Waldron

The Cliffs Communities Courses
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:38:56 AM »
I have a trip planned to the Cliffs Communities. We are playing five of the courses which are located off the beaten path in the mountains of North and South Carolina. I have not seen much posted about these courses in the treehouse. Can anyone provide some input on what to expect? Tiger's new course is under construction and i hope to get a glimpe. These are the courses we have scheduled:

Cliffs at Walnut Cove
Cliffs at Keowee Springs
Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards
Cliffs at Keowee Falls
Cliffs at Valley

Joel Zuckerman

Re: The Cliffs Communities Courses
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »
Rob,

Last March I played 3 on your list--Walnut Cove, Keowee Vineyard and Cliffs at Glassy.

The first two weren't very memorable---Standard Nicklaus and Fazio, respectively, though the latter has some cool lake-side holes--a monster par-3 in particular.  Glassy, the original course on property, is a real roller-coaster ride though, up-and-down the mountain, with some sharp doglegs and fifty-mile views from the apex of the property.  It's a little goofy, but fun regardless.

Kyle Christensen

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
They are all pretty solid courses. I think the best of the bunch would be keowee vineyards, walnut cove, and keowee falls. I didn't really care for valley all that much. Decent layout but nothing special. Also Glassy which isn't on your list is a blast. Some goofy holes but the views are excellent. I would put that in the rotation over valley. I have not had the chance to play keowee springs but have heard that it is alright, but not that special. You will have a good time though, the facilities are excellent and all the courses have some great holes.

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:25 AM »
I have played Springs,Vineyards and Falls.I really like Vineyards.A few cool lakeside holes is an understatement.Playing Glassy this weekend and looking forward to it.Falls was a lot of fun.Reminds me of Applerock at Horseshoe Bay.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »
Also Glassy which isn't on your list is a blast. Some goofy holes but the views are excellent. I would put that in the rotation over valley.

Rob, take Kyle's advice to heart. Swap Glassy for Valley if you have that option.
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back