News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

15 holes...
« on: April 10, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »
2 pars

10 :o birdies for anthony Kim. Wow.

And some of you thoght this was going to be a Pacific Trails thread.  ::)

Garland Bayley

Re: 15 holes...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
This would be significant if it weren't for the fact that Cambell had a much better first 15 holes of his round yesterday.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jordan Wall

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »
This would be significant if it weren't for the fact that Cambell had a much better first 15 holes of his round yesterday.

Garland,

Are you implying both are not signifcant??

I would tend to think a Master's birdie record is pretty significant...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »
Jordan,

You're an A player for NoCal. Now go practice your golf and keep off the website.
Remember, the only time we played together, I out birdied you! I'll be working hard on my game for KP. As you know it needs it.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:35:34 PM »
What is Pacific Trails?

It was 11 birdies.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

Campbell did not have 10 birdies through 15 holes. Better score yes but not really the topic of this thread now is it?

More birdies than any player in the 75 year history of the event... now where the heck is my Webster's... I am confused!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
What is Pacific Trails?

It was 11 birdies.

It was 10 through 15 exactly as posted. he birdied the last to make it 11 after the original post. Does Master's week always bring out the argumentative side in folks on GCA?

Pacific Trails is now Trump Nat'l LA... was open for play for several years as a 15 hole course after 3 holes repeatedly slid down the hillside of the original Pete Dye design. They marketed themselves as the finest 15 hole course in the world. Then Trump stepped in.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
Crikey, chum, if you think that shows my argumentative side, you're mistaken.  That's my clarificatory side, which includes the tendency to invent words.

I remember the Pac Trails saga now...same thing happened to Goat Island Golf and Country Club between Niagara Falls and Horseshoe Falls...used to be a fine 18; now it's 1.78 holes.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »
Crikey, chum, if you think that shows my argumentative side, you're mistaken.  That's my clarificatory side, which includes the tendency to invent words.

I remember the Pac Trails saga now...same thing happened to Goat Island Golf and Country Club between Niagara Falls and Horseshoe Falls...used to be a fine 18; now it's 1.78 holes.

An my joking side Seņor Montesano  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back