News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Lott

Re: GD BEST IN STATE
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2009, 09:15:45 PM »
Thanks.
David Lott

Matt_Ward

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »
One of the most glaring weaknesses of the state ratings list is the lack of desire to elevate the weight of those folks who live in the state. Too often the one-time play outsiders can influence the ratings for a respective state.

In many ways -- it's when states are assessed that the state / regional folks can play an invaluable role. These are the likely folks who have seen and played the courses numerous times in numerous different wind and overall climate patterns.

No doubt I still believe national raters should be the ones doing the lifting for when courses are placed in some sort of national standing.

However ...

Given the wealth of info on this thread it's clear Digest raters in nearly all of the states discussed here have serious flaws. There are no 100% answers -- clearly, but when you see places like Lawsonia get squeezed out it reflects a real disconnect in terms of credibility and accuracy in my mind.

Steve Hyden

« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2009, 10:32:09 AM »
Glad to see overrated Lake Jovita is gone from the Florida list.  To think it got high rankings because of a hill...

Ron Waterson

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
Mike,

Idle Hour seems to be one the most exclusive clubs in the state.  I have not played it.  I haven't tried to get on, but others claim it is very difficult....so good for you!   I believe, from a couple of opionions that I trust, that IH is probably in the top 10 for Kentucky.  It's hard to imagine that it could be significantly superior to Olde Stone in design or conditioning, but that could be a matter of taste...perhaps I will get the chance to compare them someday.

Ron

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back