News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cristian

Lykia links Golf course ***Copy cat holes?***(with pics)
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:22:42 AM »
I found this site regarding Perry Dye's Lykia links in Turkey. It has some great photographs of different holes, especially the 13th.

http://www.golfturkey.com/lykia-links-golf-course-gallery.htm

In an earlier thread however this picture was identified as a hole at Whistling Straits! The course is now finished, so there should be no reason to show other than pictures of the actual course. Is it possible that Perry Dye built something very similar to his dad at WS?

Lykia 13th:

Whistling Straits 14th:

or http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,34694.0/

Your thoughts please....is this a different hole? If so the hole in the background is very similar as well, that's for sure. What would the people at Kohler make of it? Does anybody know of holes with this degree of similarity?

(Has anybody played the course?)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:34:18 AM by Cristian Willaert »

Cristian

Re: Lykia links Golf course ***Copy cat holes?***(with pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
pictures now inserted..

Brad Tufts

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
Confused....the link has pics of holes from all over the world...

Especially the one of Trump LA...

The linked pics aren't pics of the copycat holes in Turkey, they are pics of the real holes wherever they may be.

I think the two pics you posted above are of the same hole, maybe taken in different years.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
Here are a few more photos. From the look of them I think the photo used by Golf Turkey might be of WS.

http://www.lykiaworldantalya.com/Cultures/en-US/PhotoGallery.aspx
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Cristian

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »
Here are a few more photos. From the look of them I think the photo used by Golf Turkey might be of WS.

http://www.lykiaworldantalya.com/Cultures/en-US/PhotoGallery.aspx

hole 13 sure looks a whole lot different than in the other foto's...

Niall C

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »
Cristian

I think they are the same hole with some modifications. Looking at your Lykia picture it looks like the second greenside bunker has still to be constructed. Otherwise the vegetation and time of day of picture make the two photos look slightly different.

That said, I've no idea whether they are both of Lykia or WS.

Niall

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:47:56 AM »
Christian,

I ran across this same link about a year ago, and posted a similar thread here in GCA.com.  Its totally false adverstising as we know some of those holes are trumps course and whistling straights.

I doubt any of those pictures are from the actual course in Turkey and whoever travels to this location is probably in for a nasty surprise when they realize those holes aren't there.

It looks like the link Jim K posted are the real pics from the course as they are very different from the link you found.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:54:20 AM by Kalen Braley »

Matt Kardash

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »
This seems like the dumbest topic ever. All the pics on that website are from different pete dye courses, it seems. Has nothing to do with copycat holes. Just weird marketing?
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back