News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Kelly

Re: My Kind Of "Weather" Delay
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »
The first few comments on this thread seem antithetical to the whole purpose of this website.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
The first few comments on this thread seem antithetical to the whole purpose of this website.

I think that its great. No every golf course in American HAS to be on fescue turfgrass, has rough edged bunkers, and buried elephants in the greens, walking only and browned out turfgrass to be spoken about-no one ever said that it wasnt playing F&F. SHO has found a nitch and it appears to be working, judging by the field.

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 03:58:14 PM »

David,

So the wind was up the first day.  How would you improve the conditions at Redstone?

Greg Chambers

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »

These conditions are much more about producing a great tournament than it is about adhering to some "correct" maintanence meld.

That quote right there is what the hell is wrong with the game of golf today.  You don't think everybody watching this event is going to expect these conditions every time they tee it up, from now until the snow falls again?  If you don't, you're wrong.

As a side note...the WOMEN played their entire round yesterday afternoon in very similar condtions, winds gusting over 40mph.  The PGA Tour has turned into a bunch of sissies.
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

PThomas

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
the just said on TGC that guts were over 60 mph yesterday...they showed one lady's ball at rest on the green...til the wind blew it off the green into the water!

seems pretty obvious they should have halted play...esp since its a major
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »

These conditions are much more about producing a great tournament than it is about adhering to some "correct" maintanence meld.

That quote right there is what the hell is wrong with the game of golf today.  You don't think everybody watching this event is going to expect these conditions every time they tee it up, from now until the snow falls again?  If you don't, you're wrong.

As a side note...the WOMEN played their entire round yesterday afternoon in very similar condtions, winds gusting over 40mph.  The PGA Tour has turned into a bunch of sissies.
No, I dont because they continue to harp on the fact that the conditions present are to immulate Augusta and provide the players with a "warm up" to what they are going to see next week.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Andy Hodson

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
Maybe putting the responsibility of "proper" is asking too much. They are in the business of running tournaments; and in this case, it is the hands of the Houston Golf Association to run the best tournament possible.

I put the PS in my post about charitible contributions because that truly is the goal of the HGA. The better the tournament, the better the field, the higher profile of the event, the more money they figure to raise.

It is unfortunate if the masses mistakenly demand Tour like conditions at their course. They probably wouldn't after 9 holes on greens that stimp at 14, or rough thats a uniform 4 inches.

But I don't think it is the Tour's responsibility for that.

Its the treehouses, isn't it? ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back