News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

King's Putter (Soule/Rustic/Sherwood) - pairings
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »
Humble apologies to the organizers if they were intending a thread of their own... but this is too fun to let lie.

The Saturday pairings are out.  Go to KP website (which is really cool btw... great job fellas)....

And oh my are their some interesting matchups. I simply MUST comment.

SATURDAY FOURBALLS at Soule Park

Match 1 - 11:28AM
D. Ober(a) / L. Duran(b) 
J. Spaulding(a) / R. Goodale(b) 
battle of the A players... should be very very fair match... but man what a battle of WITS could take place also... need a microphone/recorder for this group

Match 2 - 11:35AM
R. Ball(a) / T. Petersen(b) 
K. Henderson(a) / S. Henderson(b)
more A players... can brothers effectively pair?

Match 3 - 11:43AM
C. Spaulding(a) / T. Naccarato(b) 
J. Mayhugh(a) / A. Gray(b) 
oh my!  need VIDEO for this group given personalities involved... methinks this will be the one for the gallery to follow...

Match 4 - 11:50AM
P. Lavallee(a) / R. Waldorf(b) 
P. Pittock(a) / B. Jenkins(b) 
very equal... get on Peter P's good side for wine purposes....

Match 5 - 11:58AM
L. Shackelford(a) / J. Perches(b) 
R. Choi(a) / G. Bayley(b)
Lynn is close to a scratch.... this darn well better be NET or eyebrows are raising...

Match 6 - 12:05AM
Dave Miller(a) / David Miller(b) 
J. Cummings(a) / P. Kiser(b) 
so the two Millers are father and son?  Very very fun and knowledgeable group - get recorder for this one also

Match 7 - 12:13AM
D. Stamm(a) / T. Yost(b) 
E. Fleisher(a) / T. Leahy(b) 
Evan you BETTER play to your index.

Looking forward to Sunday... can't wait to see who's saddled with me....

;D ;D

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:15:26 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Kalen Braley

Re: King's Putter (Soule/Rustic/Sherwood) - pairings
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
I hope the final two pairings will be wearing thier infrared night vision head-gear or they are going to have a tough time finding thier balls:   ;D

Man I really wish I could have made this one.  Who else is going to kick Anthonys back side?   ;)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »
Man I really wish I could have made this one.  Who else is going to kick Anthonys back side?   ;)

My guess that would be Tommy Naccers.

I've heard Lynn S has the sweetest tempo. Hopefully, I can mimic. Anything to help my game.

David,

Was this planned to be the duel of the tall lefties?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »

I've heard Lynn S has the sweetest tempo. Hopefully, I can mimic. Anything to help my game.

David,

And Garland, you should be grateful i'm not going either or I'd tackle your butt to the ground and not let you up till you cry uncle.   ;)  I'm sure Anthony would pay money to see that one.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:38:21 PM »

David,

And Garland, you should be grateful i'm not going either or I'd tackle your butt to the ground and not let you up till you cry uncle.   ;)  I'm sure Anthony would pay money to see that one.

No Anthony was willing to pay to see me open a big can o' whumpass on you.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
Guess we'll have to settle it next year when we play KP at Bandon?   ;D  (hint, hint)

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

I'm bringing a pair of knickers for Tommy. What color looks good on a fire hydrant.

Anthony

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:01 PM »
Guess we'll have to settle it next year when we play KP at Bandon?   ;D  (hint, hint)

Said it before, will say it again.

If you plan it, they will come.

Tom Yost

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »
I hope the final two pairings will be wearing thier infrared night vision head-gear or they are going to have a tough time finding thier balls:   ;D

I asked for a late tee time to allow for travel.  Looks like I got it!!    :D

Richard Choi

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
Man, we are going against a scratch player???

I hope Garland is not expecting too much from me... :) I am still trying on my new swing.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:45:39 PM »

I hope Garland is not expecting too much from me... :) I am still trying on my new swing.

Lynn lists no index, as you see... however... unless he's gotten a LOT worse since I played with him.. which was 5-6 years ago... well he is close to a scratch at worst.

So yes Richard, unless they make this net you do have your work cut out for you.

;D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »

Richard,

You guys are in for a long day unless you pull a Tanya Harding on Lynn's leg.  ;D  ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »

By the way Kalen. Lynn told me to remind you that you're short.

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
From what I've read around here, shouldn't Match 1 be called "The Cougar"?

I may be mistaken.

Screw all this talk about putting mikes on tour caddies, let's put 'em on Match 3! You must do something for those of us unable to attend.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
100% agreed re all of that Wyatt... and see my comments in the first post re Match 3.....

;D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »

Ha ha, how would Lynn even know?  But its true, i'm not long off the tee but make up for it with my short game.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »
Humble apologies to the organizers if they were intending a thread of their own... but this is too fun to let lie.

The Saturday pairings are out.  Go to KP website (which is really cool btw... great job fellas)....

And oh my are their some interesting matchups. I simply MUST comment.

SATURDAY FOURBALLS at Soule Park

Match 1 - 11:28AM
D. Ober(a) / L. Duran(b) 
J. Spaulding(a) / R. Goodale(b) 
battle of the A players... should be very very fair match... but man what a battle of WITS could take place also... need a microphone/recorder for this group

Match 2 - 11:35AM
R. Ball(a) / T. Petersen(b) 
K. Henderson(a) / S. Henderson(b)
more A players... can brothers effectively pair?

Match 3 - 11:43AM
C. Spaulding(a) / T. Naccarato(b) 
J. Mayhugh(a) / A. Gray(b) 
oh my!  need VIDEO for this group given personalities involved... methinks this will be the one for the gallery to follow...

Match 4 - 11:50AM
P. Lavallee(a) / R. Waldorf(b) 
P. Pittock(a) / B. Jenkins(b) 
very equal... get on Peter P's good side for wine purposes....

Match 5 - 11:58AM
L. Shackelford(a) / J. Perches(b) 
R. Choi(a) / G. Bayley(b)
Lynn is close to a scratch.... this darn well better be NET or eyebrows are raising...

Dave Miller(a) / David Miller(b) 
J. Cummings(a) / P. Kiser(b) 
so the two Millers are father and son?  Very very fun and knowledgeable group - get recorder for this one also

D. Stamm(a) / T. Yost(b) 
E. Fleisher(a) / T. Leahy(b) 
Evan you BETTER play to your index.

Looking forward to Sunday... can't wait to see who's saddled with me....

;D ;D

What happened to Shivas did he chicken out ;) ;D :o
Dave

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 05:03:29 PM »

Our Chicago friend is famous for wanting to play in things but then not exactly making it happen.  But then again, he made one incredible effort to be there for KP-Rustic several years ago... and I am not exactly the best guy to give him any crap given I was there one day only last year, and will be there one day only this year.. and it's a hell of a lot more local for me.

Still if any of the rest of you want to give shivas crap I will not object.

;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 05:04:46 PM »

Ha ha, how would Lynn even know?  But its true, i'm not long off the tee but make up for it with my short game.

I see you admit to being short off the tee. However, we were discussing height.

Richard Choi

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »
Richard,

You guys are in for a long day unless you pull a Tanya Harding on Lynn's leg.  ;D  ;D

Hmmm... I am going to see if my golf travel bag will weigh less than 50lbs with a lead pipe in the bag...

Garland, we needed this to be a 2 ball match. I am pretty long off the tee (for my size), but my short game leaves a lot to be desired.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »

Well i'm not sure where this is going in your preverted mind, but if the height your discussing refers to distance from bottom of feet to top of head, I'm 6'2".  And if its otherwise, i'm plenty endowed in that dept too.  ;)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
Richard,

Hmmm... I am going to see if my golf travel bag will weigh less than 50lbs with a lead pipe in the bag...

Garland, we needed this to be a 2 ball match. I am pretty long off the tee (for my size), but my short game leaves a lot to be desired.

Sounds like I need to put my Momentus driver in the bag. Weight doesn't matter. I'm riding the rails.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »

Well i'm not sure where this is going in your preverted mind, but if the height your discussing refers to distance from bottom of feet to top of head, I'm 6'2".  And if its otherwise, i'm plenty endowed in that dept too.  ;)

I know how tall you are. I've got 3 inches on you and Lynn has 5.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »

When Lynn and Garland stand beside each other they look like the number ten.

Anthony

Kalen Braley

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »

I know how tall you are. I've got 3 inches on you and Lynn has 5.

Well you two may be a couple of trees, but if we're taking it to the mat what I lack in height I more than make up for in mental toughness.   ;D  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back