News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: The future of golfclubatlas.com?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »
Rich,

That was published April 1!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Robert Kimball

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »
from the article . . .

A mammoth project is also under way to rewrite the whole of the newspaper's archive, stretching back to 1821, in the form of tweets. Major stories already completed include "1832 Reform Act gives voting rights to one in five adult males yay!!!"; "OMG Hitler invades Poland, allies declare war see tinyurl.com/b5x6e for more"; and "JFK assassin8d @ Dallas, def. heard second gunshot from grassy knoll WTF?"

:)

Dan Kelly

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 01:37:53 PM »
Great idea, Rich.

My first tweet (hypothetical, of course -- seeing as I'm Twitter-free, and have never been to Cypress Point):

Hi from CPC. 1st tee: WTF? 18th tee: WTF? Everything between: OMG! Luv it 4evr. Gud fud, 2. Later.

"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »
Any expert that says any story can be told in 140 characters hasn't met Tom Paul

Rich Goodale

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
Great idea, Rich.

My first tweet (hypothetical, of course -- seeing as I'm Twitter-free, and have never been to Cypress Point):

Hi from CPC. 1st tee: WTF? 18th tee: WTF? Everything between: OMG! Luv it 4evr. Gud fud, 2. Later.

"Everything between;"? :(, "2217 ;D"
 ;)

Dan Kelly

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
Any expert that says any story can be told in 140 characters hasn't met Tom Paul

"Golf+architecture = great big world. Rm 4 all. Even Pat Mucci, wrong 98.6% of time."

(Too bad Max Behr wasn't confined to Tweets!)
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
Rich,

That was published April 1!

The giveaway was the absence of tyops in the historical Grauniad twitters.

JohnV

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »
Twitter is the American answer to Haiku.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
I am opening a Twitter account for potential in round thoughts on the architecture as a way to keep a running diary.

I also use Google Calender to keep track of Pesticide Applications and Schedules.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
Great idea, Rich.

;)

2217  ??? ???  Please elucidate.

Jason McNamara

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »
OK, but how does one get bold green text on Twitter?

Joe Hancock

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:11:06 PM »
Great idea, Rich.

Thank you.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Garland Bayley

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
Great idea, Rich.

;)

2217  ??? ???  Please elucidate.

perhaps

2 2 17 works better for you.
Or #2 2 #17
Or 2 to 17

It is my impression that this thread confuses testing from a mobile device with twittter from a keyboard.
Caveat. I am vaguely familiar with each and can not be counted on for expertise. Ya Ya, I know that's what you think of the rest of my posts too.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Adam Clayman

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
The future of gca.com is now in doubt. Time Warner is testing useage based internet plans and may start charging for going over minutes on the net, like cell phones.  It's a good thing TePaul is wealthy....but he may be the only one who can afford thousands of posts if this type pricing catches on! For most of us, this should cut down on checking in ten times  a day while waiting for documents to print, rebooting from computer crashes, etc.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Joe Bausch

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »
The future of gca.com is now in doubt. Time Warner is testing useage based internet plans and may start charging for going over minutes on the net, like cell phones.  It's a good thing TePaul is wealthy....but he may be the only one who can afford thousands of posts if this type pricing catches on! For most of us, this should cut down on checking in ten times  a day while waiting for documents to print, rebooting from computer crashes, etc.

Computer crashing and acnngig ip...a;lkd 20-9334 a;ajl;fasdf

Oh no!

;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back