News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Philippe Binette

Re: When and where did not changing your shoes in the parking lot start?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »
If the guest is with me and ask me to follow him in to locker room, than I'll follow...

But I've never been to a club where it's a rule not to change your shoes in the parking lot...

I think the rule is more about clubs not wanting to have 6-8 guys hang out in the parking lot and make noise that could disturb play. Not really about the ungracious act of changing your shoes.

Once again,
I'm a huge fan of dress code on and off the course, the clubhouse jacket and tie is perfect for me.
I think it is capital to behave properly and be relatively quiet on and around a golf course.

But changing your shoes in the lot, I don't see the point. I like to take time when I arrived at a club, and putting the golf shoes on, taking the bag out of the car, checking if everything is OK in the bag (all in loneliness and slowly) is a ritual that allows me to get off work and get in a golf mood.

Of all the places I've been to, nobody ever asked me to get in the locker room and go there to change my shoes.  

Eric Smith

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »

Slightly OT, but I flew to Phoenix a month ago and one guy on the plane actually wore his golf shoes during the flight!  I had never seen that before and thought it was kind of funny.

Maybe he wanted everybody to know he was a rater.

Anthony

You can't quite see his shoes in this pic, so just use your imagination.

Apologies to Tom Huckaby but after I read that nickname on an old thread I had to use you in my alternate universe production.  Hope you love it! ;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:31:23 PM by Eric Smith »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »

Shoes?

You didn't do that to Kavanaugh did you? He's Old School.

I did change my shoes in the parking lot, but because I did not wear the orange knickers I recieved grace.

Anthony

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »
I am honored.

And I do speak jive.  Me and Mrs. Cleaver.

;D

Eric Smith

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 12:32:41 PM »
Goodness you are gracious, Sir Thomas of Huckaby ;D

Philippe Binette

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »
I'm thinking that sometimes certain clubs take themselves too seriously... Most of the times, these are the wannabe no 1 clubs, the best clubs know they're the best and don't freak out about such detail

TEPaul

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
"Re: When and where did not changing your shoes in the parking lot start?"

Anthony:

At my club that policy started around 25 years ago when, with my golf shoes laced around my neck, I tried to drive my motorcycle into the locker-room! 

Anthony Gray

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »
"Re: When and where did not changing your shoes in the parking lot start?"

Anthony:

At my club that policy started around 25 years ago when, with my golf shoes laced around my neck, I tried to drive my motorcycle into the locker-room! 

Tom..you take that motorcycle everywhere.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 02:34:19 PM »

Slightly OT, but I flew to Phoenix a month ago and one guy on the plane actually wore his golf shoes during the flight!  I had never seen that before and thought it was kind of funny.

I remember back in the early 90's I used to leave a client's office and change out of a suit into golf shorts and a shirt and socks while on the DC Beltway in rush hour traffic in my 1981 Mazda RX7. 

That sounds as complicated but less fun than trying to get laid in a 1961 Austin-Healey.  Ah yes, those were the days!

Doug Siebert

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2009, 04:48:56 AM »
You don't have this issue if you do like me and wear sneakers to play golf.  If you need spikes you are swinging too hard!

I guess you don't play a lot of winter golf or in England. 

I prefer to change in a locker room though I could care less about what others do.  I prefer to take my hat off indoors unless its cold, but I could care less what others do.  These sorts of rules are exactly why some are turned off to private memberships.  Folks with too much time on their hands trying to dictate to minions who pay their fair share.  As is always the case, live and let live. 

Ciao

Been to Scotland twice and Ireland twice.  I've played wet courses, while it was raining, etc.  Never had a problem.

Winter golf, no.  If its below 50F/10C ain't no way you are seeing me on the course (and then only during the early spring when I'm aching to get out and the weather is otherwise perfect)   So I've never had to deal with playing on frozen/icy ground and never will!
My hovercraft is full of eels.

D_Malley

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »
double eagle is correct

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back