News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TX Golf

Wow.... what an awesome piece.

Gives me a whole new perspective of what the course was intended to be and why there has been so much uproar regarding the recent changes.

In regards to the photos.... I will be spending my first ever week at Augusta the second week of April ;D ;D ;D ;D

Unless I am mistaken I believe they allow patrons to take photos during the practice rounds. I would be more than happy to try and get as many good photos as possible!!!

Robert
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:39:21 PM by Robert Warren »

Jeff_Lewis

Bravo. Dan, once again you show that in this area, you are without peer.

TEPaul

"Tommy P

Is a green-end anything like a fag-end?  Its time to get down to business and that means dropping the Philly (or foozler) lingo."

Seany A:

Don't even start with shit like that. And don't talk to me about lingo. I had it about up to my eyeballs over a year ago with your cute little constant "archie" lingo and such. :)

A "green-end" is the end of a hole where the green is if you haven't figured that out yet.   

Jay Kirkpatrick

couldn't a lot of the issues mentioned here be solved by changing tees over the course of the tournament?  i'd love to see them alternate tees on the par 5s especially...

Joel_Stewart

couldn't a lot of the issues mentioned here be solved by changing tees over the course of the tournament?  i'd love to see them alternate tees on the par 5s especially...

I think they do but not sure if they have that much flexibilty from the tournament tees to the member tees.  I doubt they would use the members tees on the 7th and 11th which are the 4 pars which could use the help.   #7 especially (pictured above) is a hole which was designed to have a  short iron as the 2nd shot is now a long iron or mid iron.

Jay Kirkpatrick

yeah... i have the good fortune of going to the Masters every year. 

#7 is definitely a beast now.  It could stand to be shortened a bit, but I actually don't mind it though b/c you actually see the pros severely penalized for a poor drive.  Watching them try to run it up the hill can be quite amusing.

The holes that irritate me are #8, #11, #13, and #15.  A large percentage of the field lays up on #8 and #15 now -- taking a lot of the fun out of those holes.

It also would be really neat to restore the bunkers with McKenzie stylings.

Norbert P

An In My Opinion piece worthy for a Supreme Court argument.  Level-headed comparisons with possible options.  Salute.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back