News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

How to save your club in tough times...Badger style.
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:42:01 AM »
http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=13825

The above link should take you to the current issue of The Wisconsin Golfer Magazine, put out by our WSGA.  As the cover displays, there is an article about Old Tom Bendelow, the other 'old Tom'. 

But, the reason I'm posting it is to direct you to the last pages, 50-51, where you will find an interesting article about the Waushara CC's response to saving their club in these tough economic times.  Basically, they had a staff of 41 and had to let them all go, except 9 full time regs, and the course is being kept operating (including limitted F&B) by the members volunteering shifts and donating their specific talents. 

Now, I don't know if you might see some horror story mowing jobs or some over or under cooked burgers from the grill, or triple shots of single malt being poured for buddies, by volunteer workers, but it seems that being members does keep folks focused on doing their best and keeping the course going.

Side note: Waushara CC was designed by Wisconsin Golf Course Archie, Art Johnson, who may be one of the more prolific archies you never heard of.  I've never seen the course, but it is near-by Lawsonia, and maybe sometime I could get a look at it and report.

Has anyone else played there?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Craig Van Egmond

Re: How to save your club in tough times...Badger style. New
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:50:16 AM »
Wow, you badgers sure live like you mean it.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:51:18 AM by Craig Edgmand »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back