News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Rogers

Re: 2009/2010 Golf Digest Top 100 list
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
I am very glad that Suffolk, Va is off the beaten golf track and that few of the 'knowledgeable' have ever teed it up at Riverfront. 

As a result I can afford to play there.

PThomas

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 10:21:58 PM »
I am very glad that Suffolk, Va is off the beaten golf track and that few of the 'knowledgeable' have ever teed it up at Riverfront. 

As a result I can afford to play there.

not too far off ...some of us have also played there! ;)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Matt_Ward

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 01:32:10 AM »
Before the explosion of the information age the ratings by Digest from years back (15-20 years ago and even more) was THE source for what existed in so many different locales.

Credit Ron Whitten for doing so much in expanding the info that was available through the various panelists and for the magazine to expand upon what was first unveiled back in 1966 when the first listing, if memory serves, appeared.

However, the cutting edge info is no longer the domain of Digest or any other magazine for that matter.

The chatter one receives from this site and I might add others (myself included) get from credible non-raters scattered around the USA is far more timely and often time much more detailed than what Digest or any other pub delivers.

Digest is likely still thought by Joe and Jane Sixpack for being cutting edge but the reality is far different for those really passionae types who want a good deal more info than what's provided.

Just my two cents worth ...

Anthony Gray

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 07:32:45 AM »

Here's the new boss................same as the old boss.

David Wigler

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:57 AM »
Hmmm...haven't heard that one, Tom...

It must be tough to choose when unsolicited invites from PV, NGLA, ANGC, Cypress Point, and Merion all arrive on the same day!!  ;D

It is tough indeed.   ;D

Without giving your ratings, Tom, can you say what courses you rated last year?

None of those!

And I don't do all that many; but also haven't really kept track.  Do you have any in mind you want to know about?

Tim, this is just all in good fun crap amongst friends, as I have said.  I consider many GW raters - including Paul, Dave, Mike - as friends of mine.  Consider all posts in here with an ocean of salt.

TH

It has been a long time since I have commented on a ratings thread but the quote on the bottom is still from Huckaby's butchering of the rating of Kingsley Club.  Has the magazine with all of the tampon ads finally corrected that atrocity or is the dirt road entrance that gets mud on the rims of their raters BMW's, still causing it to be rated like 94th in Grand Traverse County.  ;D
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back