News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

Greg Davis GC (Armchair Architecture Contest Course)
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:16:43 PM »
Okay, here is the last Non-GCA member entry from Greg Davis. (Greg if you see this and would like to add some text, let me know). Greg was not able to get sketchup to work and submitted via PDF, I decided to let it slide ;).

Card:

Drawing of the routing:

Partial workup of drawing in Sketchup:

I don't want to give Greg short shrift on this, but it may be easier for me to make a few comments on the main thread.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Garland Bayley

Re: Greg Davis GC (Armchair Architecture Contest Course)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »
Looks to me like 5 is a great hole. ;D

It's pretty much the same as my 5th hole. ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »
Here is just a bit of an update from Greg Davis.

Course plan:

Back 9:

Hole 10:

Holes 13-14:

Hole 13:

Hole 14:

Hole 15:

Hole 16:

Holes 17-18

Hole 18:

Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »
From a safety standpoint, the routing of holes 12 & 13 seems problematic. Given golfers overwhelming tendency to slice the ball, take short-cuts, and the prevailing wind at this site, players walking down the 13th would be peppered with golf balls. Further, the pond short of the 13th hole forces players to walk towards the 12th tee, bringing them even closer to the line of play.

TK

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back