News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

Re: Ravisloe, now a public course, opens April 1...
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
George, I played late Friday afternoon last week.  Our 2:30 tee time went off at 2:55.  We finished the front nine at 6 p.m.!  Brutal is the only way to describe it.  The stretch of holes from 4 through 7 (par 3, short par 4, par 3, par 3) was a huge bottleneck -- I think they should consider switching the nines.  The back nine was better only because several groups in front of us quit.  Thank goodness the beer cart came back out.

On the plus side, the greens were still great.  Hard to play nine holes in three hours tho. . .

wow that sucks Mark...they better rectify that situation or people will stop coming out

do you know what the time interval between each group was?
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

PCCraig

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »
George, I played late Friday afternoon last week.  Our 2:30 tee time went off at 2:55.  We finished the front nine at 6 p.m.!  Brutal is the only way to describe it.  The stretch of holes from 4 through 7 (par 3, short par 4, par 3, par 3) was a huge bottleneck -- I think they should consider switching the nines.  The back nine was better only because several groups in front of us quit.  Thank goodness the beer cart came back out.

On the plus side, the greens were still great.  Hard to play nine holes in three hours tho. . .

Was it just slow players or a packed course?

I'm shocked it was that slow!
H.P.S.

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
Wow Mark, that is up there with some of my worst rounds at Van Cortlandt Park GC in The Bronx.

Chris

Steve Salmen

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »
I played Ravisloe again today, Saturday, with my wife.  We teed off at 1 and finished at 4.  We waited 1 hole for a foursome that let us through.  We waited 4 holes for another foursome that eventually let us through.  We will definitely return.  BTW, their green complexes are awesome.

PCCraig

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 09:13:19 PM »
I played Ravisloe again today, Saturday, with my wife.  We teed off at 1 and finished at 4.  We waited 1 hole for a foursome that let us through.  We waited 4 holes for another foursome that eventually let us through.  We will definitely return.  BTW, their green complexes are awesome.

Wow... 3 hours on such a nice day in Chicago?!?! Perhaps I should make it down there soon.
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back