News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Some good news on golf courses closings
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »
There have been rumors this winter about Tallgrass, the Hanse course on Long Island, and I received the following email from Tallgrass today:

"Despite rumors to the contrary Tallgrass will open on April 1, 2009 (weather permitting).  Stay up to date on the status of the course opening date by visiting the website."

http://golfattallgrass.linx.tempwebpage.com/default.asp

John Mayhugh

Re: Some good news on golf courses closings
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »
Good news indeed.  Hope I can make it up there this year.

David Stamm

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
Thanks Mike for posting this. This is very good news indeed. I regret not having the time to go and play it the last time I was in NY.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Lou_Duran

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »
Good news indeed.  Based on the cold shoulder I've gotten over the past couple of years from my northeast GCA acquaintances, Tallgrass might be the only place in L.I. I can get on.  How comparable is it to Rustic Canyon?  In the same class? 

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:25:01 PM »
Good news indeed.  Based on the cold shoulder I've gotten over the past couple of years from my northeast GCA acquaintances, Tallgrass might be the only place in L.I. I can get on.  How comparable is it to Rustic Canyon?  In the same class? 

Lou,

I'll play Tallgrass with you anytime.

It is a really good public course on some pretty constricted land that was a totally flat soybean farm prior to construction.

It's not a good as Rustic Canyon, however.

I'd much rather bring you over to Cobb's Creek, all things being equal.   I do think you'd enjoy the rugged simplicity.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
Lou,

I would second Mike's recommendation, Tall Grass is very good. Although it lacks the natural terrain, shaped by years of errosion, that RC has, it has some real out of the box thinking on how to recontour a completely flat site; the ridge line concepts are to me, quite original. You'll also recognize many of the features that make RC such a puzzle at TG. The hole length makeup, with some short par 3's and 4's,  make large scoring differentials, depending on how aggresively you play, very possible.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back