News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Superintendent magazine ceasing publication
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »
My understanding is the he decision was made by the parent company of Grand View Media, Ebsco.

I'm hoping to get back to covering the golf turf industry soon. I've been doing it uninterrupted since 2000.

Sports Field Management is also being shuttered.

Here is a portion of the announcement to advertisers.

[size=78%]Effective today, [/size][/size][size=78%]Friday, March 02, 2018[/size][/size][size=78%], Grandview Media will be suspending the publishing operations for several of our brands. We have been fortunate enough to serve these industries for the past 20+ years and appreciate your partnership throughout that time period. Our focus is still on finding a strategic buyer for the remaining Green Group titles and hope to have additional announcements for you in the near future. The following brands will suspend publishing activity today:[/size][/i]

[/size][size=78%]Superintendent [/size][/size][size=78%]– Since 2002 [/size][/size][size=78%]Superintendent [/size][/size][size=78%]has been delivering a mixture of print and digital content, aimed at educating superintendents on agronomic and business topics to help maximize their careers in this industry. The March 2018 print issue of [/size][/size][size=78%]Superintendent[/size][/size][size=78%] magazine will feature the brand’s last coverage of the golf maintenance industry, its digital presence and content will remain online through March.[/size]

[/size][size=78%]Kind regards,[/size]

[/size][size=78%]Jason DeSarle[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Group Publisher[/size]

Bradley Anderson

Re: Superintendent magazine ceasing publication
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »
Always sad to hear of another print publication loss.

The big difference between the younger superintendents and the older guys, is the younger guys have a practical understanding of architecture and the architectural pedigree of what they are maintaining. The older generation didn't have that understanding because the information wasn't being made available by institutions like Golf Club Atlas.

But you and Bradley Klein had a huge impact on the profession, by bringing architecture into the trade magazines.

Thanks!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back