News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Wigler

National Memberships in the Phoenix Area
« on: March 09, 2009, 02:43:05 PM »
Hi all,

It has been a while.  I hope everyone is well.  I cannot figure this one out on Google, so I am hoping the Tree House can help.  Does anyone know which clubs in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area have National Memberships?

Thanks,

Dave 
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Jerry Kluger

Re: National Memberships in the Phoenix Area
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:19:19 PM »
Dave: I have to believe it is going to become more common in these economic times.  My friend just came back from the area and he said golf prices are down.  I will be out there April 5 - 13 and if you are around maybe we can play some together. 

David Wigler

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:25:54 PM »
Jerry,

Thanks for the offer.  Actually I plan on spending about one month a year in AZ for the next six years, which is why I am asking.  Home is still Detroit and the home club will still be Plum Hollow.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »
Rancho de los Caballeros in Wickenburg has a non resident membership:

http://www.sunc.com/golf.htm

Tatam Ranch GC in Cave Creek offers a seasonal membership, a rarity in AZ:

www.tatumranchgc.com

As far as  monthly memberships are concerned, I can't think of any that offer this type of deal. Given the economic climate at present, perhaps some inquires might result in something favorable.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Sean Leary

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »
David,

A monthly membership might actually be doable. I have a friend who is a not very famous at all professional baseball player, and at one of the clubs, he negotiated playing privileges for a month while in spring training. Maybe they will have heard of you and you can swing a simlar deal. ;D

David Wigler

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
Actually I am just looking for a National Membership.  I know that at Plum Hollow, we have one for people who do not live within 100 miles of the club.  It is a greatly reduced down stroke, greatly reduced monthlies, no assessments but limitations on how often they can play and they have to prove a primary residence outside our area.  These are somewhat common in the East and Midwest.  I did not know if they had them in the Phoenix area.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »
Try Quintero. It's in the middle of nowhere. They do offer an international membership. Perhaps something can be negotiated.

www.quinterogolf.com

PM me.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Nick Pozaric

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
Try Quintero. It's in the middle of nowhere. They do offer an international membership. Perhaps something can be negotiated.

www.quinterogolf.com

PM me.

Another vote for Quinterro.  One of our members at my club in Kentucky is a member out there.  We went there last year and had a fantastic time.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »
Quintero is nice - but a daily drive from Scottsdale does not seem reasonable.  I would speculate that some of the newer clubs would be more likely to offer a national membership - Silverleaf would be worth a try - Blackstone too, but it isn't that close to Scottsdale.

Kevin Norby

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »
David,

The I know the golf professional at Quintero pretty well.  Ask for Steve Haagenson.  He's down in AZ for the winter but lives here in Minnesota in the summer months and is the teaching pro at Bear Path golf course.  He'll be able to tell you if they have a national membership and, if not, might be able to tell you which other courses might.

Kevin

David Wigler

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:41:04 AM »
Kevin and All,

Thanks for the advice.  It looks like I start with a call to Quintero and go from there.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Dave Givnish

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:10 AM »
No club in North Scottsdale has a National membership at this point, including Silverleaf.

Quintero and Blackstone have trial memberships, but are a 40 to 50 minute drive from the Grayhawk area (each way!) - I'm not sure that I'd put much of a deposit, refundable or not, with either at this point.

The TPC Scottsdale has an annual deal.

The discount cards offered by Troon Golf, Grayhawk, and the Southwest PGA will probably fit your situation best as long as you don't mind resort golf. 

Dave_Miller

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »
Hi all,

It has been a while.  I hope everyone is well.  I cannot figure this one out on Google, so I am hoping the Tree House can help.  Does anyone know which clubs in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area have National Memberships?

Thanks,

Dave 

David
Don't know about a National Membership but Arizona Country Club in Phoenix offers a Corporate Membership.
Best
Dave

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back