News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: MPCC
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2009, 05:49:24 PM »
The problem with California isn't the weather heaven sake.  Its the cost of everything and the fact that California is a long way from a lot of other cool stuff.  I think if I had to go for a 36 hole facility it would be near London.  I like its position to Europe much more than I like California's position to Las Vegas and Melbourne's position to, well, nowhere if you get my drift.  All that said, I would rather belong to Woking then the 36 hole clubs round London and California doesn't seem such a bad place to be marooned if you have the dosh.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Kalen Braley

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2009, 05:52:55 PM »
Sean,

I guess the San Francisco area and the LA area are pretty much uncool then with nothing of interest to offer anyone?  :-\

J_ Crisham

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
In all seriousness, open year-round rather settles this for me.. that is in a competition between great clubs, give me the one open year-round.  So bye bye Augusta, Merion, NGLA, Shinnecock, etc.....

Those will fill out my 14 club limit.  MPCC is home club.

In this dreamworld, of course.

;D

I would take Forest Creek in Pinehurst for best year round clubs.
Pat,  I have a good friend who is a member at Forest Creek, he was actually one of the startup group of guys. Last year I had the privelege to play both courses at MPCC as a result of 2 seperate trips to the area,KP and to celebrate our 10th wedding anniv.I would be remiss if I neglected to add that my host was a special person to spend a day with-not to mention I also got to play with nice GCAers.  When I returned from PB and told my Forest Creek friend about MPCC his response was that if he could belong to any club(he belongs to 3 clubs already) in the world it would be MPCC. Just a story worth sharing. I'm assuming you have played MPCC.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back