News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Arata

Another course bites the dust.....
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/2009/03/closing_of_the_bluffs_golf_cou.html

Supposedly this was the number 1 course in the state.........not a good sign. I never got to play it, but from what I was told it was a very good track.

New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

RJ_Daley

Re: Another course bites the dust.....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:53:34 PM »
It looks like a pretty out of the way location, and endless parade of homes routing to me form the aerial.  Even given it is hot and steamy down there, it seems to me that a person has to spend more times driving a cart through a housing development than play a golf course.  Is this a collection of isolated holes, without the golf course feel? 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:09:01 PM »
...'twas covered in an earlier thread.

I think we'll see a whole bunch of this in the coming months. I'd be tempted to look at an ownership position again if golf didn't suck so bad as a business!

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »
It seems like there is a post like this every day now!
H.P.S.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 02:20:03 PM »
We probably think there are 3 times as many closings as there are, because each closing if like this one gets at least 3 threads! Not to mention the closings mentioned in threads that aren't reallly closings at all.
;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mark Arata

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
Sorry if it was brought up before, I must have missed it....

Carry on.....
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back