News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Siebert

Re: Very Special Hole in One's New
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 10:16:39 PM »
Mike Sweeney, I think you and Shivas are just proof of what George says - life isn't fair!

I figure over the 30 years or so since I first started playing I have averaged about 25-30 rounds a year, so that's 3000-3500 par 3s.  I've had 2 aces so that's not a bad percentage - probably better than TEPaul's percentage despite his 17 aces since he likely has played at least 10x more rounds in his life.

But as I pointed out to Shivas in this thread last year, in all those rounds I've only ever knocked one shot over 100 yards in from the fairway (and even that was only for a birdie....all my par 4 eagles have been putts, chips and flip wedges)

When I've only ever holed three shots from over 100 yards (all were over 180 actually) in my whole life, but 67% of them were holes in one you can only draw two conclusions:

1) I suck
2) I may suck, but I'm pretty good about choosing my moments ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:33:50 PM by Doug Siebert »
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Sean Leary

Re: Very Special Hole in One's
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 12:01:46 AM »
Mike,

Which par 4 did you ace? Here in WA?

Mike Wagner

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »
Sean,

It was #10 at Sand Point.  It's weird that there's never been one there, but that's what they tell me.  The other double eagle was #18 at Inglewood.

Let's get out and play sometime!

Pat Burke

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 01:28:05 AM »
My first was on a par four.  Playing with my sponsor at the time at Friendly Hills 5th.
Drove it over the trees and yelled  "GO IN!"  Sponsor politely told me to eff off and get in the cart.  You can't see anything from the tee.  When we drove up to the green, no ball in sight.  Grabbed my wedge and putter, set out to find my ball.  Looking around the bunkers in front and getting pretty pissed off about losing  my ball when my sponsor gave the courtesy look in the  hole.  Really thought he was just screwing with me, but there it was

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »
Mike Sweeney,

Are you sure you want to know ?

It will help to ruin your day.  ;D

David Druzisky

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »
I just had my first last month!  What made it special was I was playing with my dad.

Monday January 5th.  Brookside - Rose Bowl Pasadena.  Hole 13 - 186 yards.

My father has been assisting with managing and coordination of the improvements to the course that Harbottle has been doing there for several years.  We get to the 13th hole and after playing absolutely horrific off-season golf (as expected but still frustrated) I pure a 4 iron.  Approaching the tees he was describing the work they had done to the teeing area and was telling me it was one of the more difficult ones to do for various reasons including the big tree that had grown up in the middle left of the hole among other points.  He sounded like it wasn't his favorite areas of the effort.

As I said I pured a 4 iron - easily the best contact I made all day.  Slight fade into the heavy air.  Hits the front right portion of the green on the slope coming down off the right front bunker.  Rolls slightly left and back to the right middle pin and in.  Instantly erased his bad memories of the hole and gave us each a new one to share.

Oh yea, we went to the Rose Bowl too where unfortunately his Nitney Lions got whacked.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 06:11:51 PM »
A guy I use to play Pine Valley with - Merrill McGowan had a hole-in-one at CPC #16.  It was about 8-9 years ago.  Until then they had had only three aces at 16 since the founding of the club (Bing Crosby was one).  Merrill was the fourth.  Strangely enough there were two more aces on 16 right after Merrill's (including the first woman).  Last I was there - a couple of years ago - I think it still stood at 6 club aces at 16 - The Hunt man can correct me if there have been more.

I parred #16 the first time I played it years ago - which felt like an ace!  ;)

JC

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back