News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Carry your own bag, or walk unencumbered?
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »
I'm very proud of Victoria National for allowing me to use an electric remote control push cart this winter....and now deciding to allow them full time. Vic now lets you decide between carry, cart, caddy, push standard or push electric, anytime, any day.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »
Shouldn't there a robot caddie by now that I can buy? I'm about to buy a robot litterbox for a three-legged cat with 22 toes. We clearly live in the future. So why can't I buy a robot caddie?

Which electric pushcart is the closest thing to a robot caddie? I'm officially intrigued, or will be when I'm allowed to start spending money in 2018 once @wifediesel finishes buying backsplashes.

"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2017, 09:10:45 PM »
I was able to purchase a Motocaddy S7 on Amazon using credit card points. I consider it a robot caddie that always gives me perfect distances, holds my cigar as I swing and stays a good 30 yds in front of me until he waits for me at my ball. I much prefer him to a human caddie but will get back in the cart this summer for the majority of my buddy play.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »

There is no joy in carrying anything a great distance. 
There is great joy in walking a golf course. 

I was once a purist and a Democrat.
Nobody likes a chump, so I outgrew both.

Mike

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jason Thurman

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »
Mike, there truly is no joy like walking a golf course completely unencumbered with a caddie carrying the bag. There's no joy for me in shelling out caddie fees (unless it's an Evans Scholar, in which case there's some real joy), but if I could make one robocaddie purchase, the feeling of walking off the first tee box with absolutely nothing on my shoulders except the dread of my impending lost ball search is an investment that might just be worthwhile.

John, the S7 looks like a contender. Expensive as hell, but it's hard to put a price on the benefits of a mute caddie.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

BCowan

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2017, 11:34:03 AM »
Jason,

This is funny, you said Trolley's looked tacky not too long ago. 

George Pazin

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
Always happy and sad to see old threads - happy to see what I said before still applies, sad to see people who posted before not posting anymore.

I basically do whatever my playing partners do. My preference is always to walk and carry, but my overly compliant personality means I bend to the norms of my partners.

Bogey obviously has never seen the world's strongest man contest!
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Ira Fishman

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »

There is great joy in walking a golf course. 

I was once a purist and a Democrat.
Nobody likes a chump, so I outgrew both.

Mike

I embrace my chumpdom on both counts.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2017, 01:24:17 PM »
Prefer walk and carry 10 out of 10 to putting bag on cart.

And, Bogie, you were much more fun as a purist Democrat.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tim Martin

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »
I'm very proud of Victoria National for allowing me to use an electric remote control push cart this winter....and now deciding to allow them full time. Vic now lets you decide between carry, cart, caddy, push standard or push electric, anytime, any day.

JKav-As strong and fitness minded as you are I can't imagine you can get that in and out of your car by yourself. Does the guy at the bag drop get a little something extra for that type of service?

Jason Thurman

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM »
Jason,

This is funny, you said Trolley's looked tacky not too long ago.

Not with that punctuation I didn't.

Push carts are not visually attractive, and that includes the electric ones. But most caddies aren't either. I wouldn't pay for a caddie if I had to push him around the course myself. But if I found one that was remote controlled and mute, he might just be useful enough for me to justify.

BHoover

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »
I think the key to growing the game is the human-powered rickshaw. If I'm paying for a caddie, the least he can do is also convey me around the course. Am I right?

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
Pat Craig -

On any given day, my guess is 50% or more of the golfers playing in Great Britain & Ireland use pull carts (trolleys).  The vast majority of the courses I have seen there suffer no apparent ill effects from that. My guess is the situation is very much the same in Australia and New Zealand.

I find it ludicrous that certain clubs/courses in the U.S. do not allow pull-carts.

DT

I agree, plus a study carried out by some of the colleges here in the US show that pull or push or trolleys are about a stroke a round better for the player than carrying🤔
I love to walk but I have found that using a trolley is certainly less harmful to my knee if I am p,saying 36 in a day

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »

That is the way it should be....give we the players our choice...wow...It feels good to agree on a post with you sir😉

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:01 AM »
Snowshoes and shovels needed in the walking bag this week.

Yikes, everything was set for an early opening and then:

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Joe Bausch

« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2017, 07:42:35 AM »
It's my fault, Mike S:  on Friday I moved my windshield wipers out of the winter position. 

I should have known that would jinx us!
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

BCrosby

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »
"... a study carried out by some of the colleges here in the US show that pull or push or trolleys are about a stroke a round better for the player than carrying."

I've wondered if trolleys made a difference in playing performance.

One stroke is huge.

Bob

JJShanley

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2017, 10:05:35 AM »
I prefer to carry, but would consider an powered trolley if I live in the U.S. longterm.  The summer heat does me in over here. 

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »
Some of this depends on who is in the carts.

If they are good friends who I don't see enough of, I'll ride. If they are just random guys I was paired with, I'd probably walk and carry.

I like to walk, but I also want to spend time with friends. If that means riding, I will do that.

Jay Mickle

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »
At a bit over $3000 this is a great deal, remote control, 13lbs, folds up to about the size of a golf bag.
http://www.motogolf.com/products/JuCad-Carbon-Travel-(Carbon-Fiber).html
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Sean_A

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »
Golf always finds a way to overkill products..especially the price  ::)

http://www.motogolf.com/products/JuCad-Carbon-Travel-(Carbon-Fiber).html

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

BCowan

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »
Cart tek has a great one for $1300. 

http://www.carttek.com/gri-1500li/

jeffwarne

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2017, 09:45:03 PM »
"... a study carried out by some of the colleges here in the US show that pull or push or trolleys are about a stroke a round better for the player than carrying."

I've wondered if trolleys made a difference in playing performance.

One stroke is huge.

Bob

Nope.Just tells you who has more self confidence. ;) ;D

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back