News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

JSPayne

Contact Information.......UK/Irish GCAers please read....
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »
I could probably find this out by e-mailing the club, but figured someone here might have a more personal connection.....

Anybody happen to have contact info for the super of Royal County Down?

I just made my tee time this morning for my probably-once-in-a-lifetime chance to play this magnificant course (or so I hear) on my upcoming trip through Northern Europe....playing on April 11th to be exact. 10:20am. I'm already brimming with excitement.

But I'd love to contact the super and at least tell him I'll be in town if not meet him and pick his brain a little. Anyone have a tie to this course?

Thanks in advance....and any tidbits of advice for visiting the general area are always welcomed, even though it will be a quick loop through Ireland that we're making.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Johnny_Browne

Re: Contact Information.......UK/Irish GCAers please read....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 04:53:46 AM »
Hi,
I can probably help although he is not likely to be there on Saturday.  If you email me off board I will respond.
Kind regards,
Johnny Browne

JSPayne

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:38:10 AM »
Geez, I'm an idiot.....thank you for catching my mistake even though you don't realize it. :) I am playing during the week, I just had my dates wrong. In any case, PM sent. Hopefully you can help me.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Johnny_Browne

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:31:42 PM »
Sorry I cannot access your email - email me at johnnybr@gmail.com
Thanks

Brian Phillips

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »
I could probably find this out by e-mailing the club, but figured someone here might have a more personal connection.....

Anybody happen to have contact info for the super of Royal County Down?

I just made my tee time this morning for my probably-once-in-a-lifetime chance to play this magnificant course (or so I hear) on my upcoming trip through Northern Europe....playing on April 11th to be exact. 10:20am. I'm already brimming with excitement.

But I'd love to contact the super and at least tell him I'll be in town if not meet him and pick his brain a little. Anyone have a tie to this course?

Thanks in advance....and any tidbits of advice for visiting the general area are always welcomed, even though it will be a quick loop through Ireland that we're making.
Don't stay in Newcastle...not an exciting town.

Take lots of cash as the pro shop is nicely stocked but very pricey!

Here is a link to my photos from the course:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38990&id=757098370&l=c20b6

and this one

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38993&id=757098370&l=051ab

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:05:10 PM by Brian Phillips »
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »
You might consider staying in the Old George Hotel in Rathfriland. It's about 10 miles away in a funny old hilltop village, but it's very inexpensive, the breakfast is unbelievably generous and good, the propietors are very welcoming and make sure you get a room overlooking the Mourne Mountains - the view from the hotel is stunning. It's well used by the locals and you'll meet some entertaining folk.

Old George Hotel
Caddells Lane
Rathfriland, Newry, BT34

028 40630623‎
028 40630836‎

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back