News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Nugent

Re: the get a life list....
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 04:07:43 AM »
I played once with an asshole, over 20 years ago, but didn't tell him so.  Remember it to this day.  His playing partners would not have been my buddies for life, though: I think they were his cousins, and just as much assholes as he was!

Tom Paul is one person who can never complete the list.  He can't really see his swing in person.

Rich, how many of these have you done?

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 04:20:59 AM »
#19 with 3 hour rounds we do that most weeks!
Cave Nil Vino

Rich Goodale

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 04:48:12 AM »
I played once with an asshole, over 20 years ago, but didn't tell him so.  Remember it to this day.  His playing partners would not have been my buddies for life, though: I think they were his cousins, and just as much assholes as he was!

Tom Paul is one person who can never complete the list.  He can't really see his swing in person.

Jim

Subconsciously, I seem to have evenly split my have dones and have not dones.  This gives me 9 things to shoot for in the future!

As for Tom Paul, watching him swing (practice or otherwise) is like that old Al Geiberger video that repeated Mr. 59's fluid motion continuously, and was meant to imprint his effortless smoothness onto your brain.  Tom's the same, although I see I've planted doubts in his mind which migvht just come to fruition the next time we play....

Rich

Dan Kelly

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »
2.  Have sex in a bunker.
16. Have sex in or near a water hazard.

Two questions, Rihc:

1. Do these have to be outdoors?
2. How many participants are required?

(I love Number 15.)

"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Eric Smith

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 10:16:55 AM »

As for Tom Paul, watching him swing (practice or otherwise) is like that old Al Geiberger video that repeated Mr. 59's fluid motion continuously, and was meant to imprint his effortless smoothness onto your brain.  Tom's the same...
Rich

How about 3 b.) See Tom Paul's swing on video.

Would Tom agree to visit the Joe Bausch Studios for a video shoot? 

Or better yet, have the Joe Bausch Mobile Production Unit come to Tom's barn and film him hitting balls out into the field?

I want to see this swing!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »
Does it count for #2 and/or #16 when one is alone?

Re #2 - there was that picture on GCA of someone in a very deep bunker (presumably Sandhills) in a peculiar position.  The winning caption was ' Ooohhhhh, aagghh, Sandhills' or words/sounds to that effect.

Good list Rich.  Something to aspire to.

James B

Is it possible that "sex" for a GCA ardent activist is having an orgasm when you see the Road Hole bunker, or the blow out bunkers at Sand Hills?  Or maybe not laying up at Cypress Point #16?   ??? ??? :o

Rich Goodale

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
Bill (and Dan too, Senior Moment....)

At our age, ever a smaller flutter in the nether regions counts, no matter where or when.....

Rich
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:34:00 AM by Rich Goodale »

Rich Goodale

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 10:36:25 AM »
Eric

If you check out e-bay, silent movies of Tom, his golf swing and random debutantes from the 1920's regularly come up for auction.

Hric

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 10:42:21 AM »
You all know why this seeing Tom Paul swing item is so valuable and such a worthy inclusion, right?

The man refuses to do so any more.

I spent a round at Applebrook and three days at Sand Hills with him and saw him swing a club ONCE.  I think he finally took a swing or two as we were warming up one of the days at Sand Hills.  The guy is coo-koo for coco-puffs and prefers walking around looking at golf courses to actually playing the game.

So if you do get him to swing a club you are damn lucky... it's like finding the dodo-bird... but it is also a beaufitul sight.

TH

George Pazin

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Somebody once posted a photo of Tom's swing. It was maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I want to say it was a Brit or Aussie who had visited Philly and joined Tom P for a round. I probably saved it somewhere, I usually save the photos from the photo threads, but I'll be damned if I have a clue where it is.

I used to have a rhythmic swing, now it's more like Villegas when he is really going after it (minus all the correct positions).
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jim Nugent

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 12:38:59 AM »

Jim

Subconsciously, I seem to have evenly split my have dones and have not dones.  This gives me 9 things to shoot for in the future!

Rich

OK, Rich, fess up.  Which ones are still on your "to do" list? 

btw, I've done 4 and 12. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back