News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Re: Barnbougle Dunes - Do you like this feature?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
I like this feature alot, but not in this particular bunker.

Does anyone think these would be better in a larger waste-type bunker in a fairway? That way they could be a hazard within a harzard?
H.P.S.

RichMacafee

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »

Does anyone think these would be better in a larger waste-type bunker in a fairway? That way they could be a hazard within a harzard?

I agree Pat. I don't like it in that centreline bunker, but think the ones in the hill bunker top left work well.
"The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf. It's almost law" H.G.Wells.

Sean Leary

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »

Pat,

Why would you want a double hazard?

PCCraig

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »

Pat,

Why would you want a double hazard?

I wouldn't call it a hazard any more than I would an obsticle, which I think works well in a more vast area and further away from the green. That way its less of a hazard.
H.P.S.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:25 PM »
If the course is essentially "natural" then this appears out of place because it is clearly in play and in a bunker that is "maintained".

The furball in the top left of the picture actually looks "natural" in its surrounds due to the waste bunker vibe.

Man, that thing is ooooo-gly. Someone grab it by the hair and put it out of its misery!!!!

I think if I encountered it after flying 6k miles to Tas, it would meet a quick death via my putter.

Cue the scene from Office Space where they destroy the copier . . .

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
Dave.

It was not built as it now appears - as an isolated island in the bunker.
What has happened over time is the wind blew out the edge of that bunker, the nose collapsed and they have just cut it through and left the island.
I agree it does not look good - and it won't be there forever.
It is on the same line as the left hand greenside bunkers at 14 that went from being two feet deep to about eight inside a year of the course opening. That bunker has been fixed and they can now manage the problem.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back