News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Nomm

Wouldn't it be more fun if.....
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »
...they shaved the hillside left of the 18th green at Riviera?

Paul Carey

Re: Wouldn't it be more fun if.....
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »
wild

Damon Groves

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »
I think a great idea and would make left sided pin placements much more interesting. They shaved the area left of the 10th green and that made if much more dangerous. I watched a number of players on Friday struggle keeping their shots on the green and it made the approach shots for those that missed left into the trees that much more tricky.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:31:37 PM »
Peter, Are you familiar with the nature of Kikuyu?

The Fourth and Second hillsides would also be ideal with firmer surfaces.

But, not really Kikuyu.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »

Better for the average player.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »
I'm all for removing the trees bordering the entire left side of the 13th fairway and shaving the rough down such that over agressive hooks (Mickelson slices) will run down into the barranca (which should also be altered to restore some of its teeth).
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tim Bert

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »
I'm all for shaved down areas by greens (see my comments re: Kingsley) but on this hole wouldn't it be counter to the finishing hole reputation that has been built over time.  Isn't part of the beauty of the hole that you can't miss this long approach left or you are dead?  Wouldn't this make the hole more playable and less tough?  Perhaps ideal for member and guest play, but not for the tournament.  And I imagine most of the visitors that play it want to play it "as seen on TV" as we see in many other places.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back