News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

Re: any guesses who's leading....
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »
I watched the last round. 

Wie played great on the front.  She made one loose swing on #11 and the wind grabbed her tee shot and shoved it into water hazard, causing a double bogey because she had to drop too far back to reach the green in 3. 

I GUESS THE DROP SHE TOOK WAS QUESTIONABLE, AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE ANNOUNCERS...SHE COULD HAVE DROPPED BACK IN THE FAIRWAY INSTEAD OF THE ROUGH...THEN SHE SKUNKED A CHIP...BUT MADE A LONG PUTT TO SAVE DOUBLE

Stanford birdied 3 holes in a row on the back and deserved to win.

Wie missed a 3 footer for birdie on 17 that would have made it a 2 shot difference with one hole to play.  Then, on the par 5 18th, which she can reach with an iron, she hit a fairway wood off the tee, then laid up on the second shot and played it as a 3 shot hole.   

THAT SURELY SEEMS LIKE A MISTAKE :-\

Screwiest thing I ever saw - you'd think she'd try to make 3 and hope for a bogey from Angela. 

But what continues to amaze me about Wie is how little she hits driver out there.  I think I saw it once today.  It's a shame that the LPGA set ups esssentially force her to drive with one foot on the brake like that. 

THIS TOURNAMENT PROBABLY FALLS INTO THAT "GOTTA LEARN HOW TO WIN/FINISH"...ONCE SHE DOES ....WELL, I HOPE SHE DEVELOPS INTO THE PLAYER SHE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME....IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR WOMENS GOLF
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
I am laughing my arse off at my own Anna Rawson stupidity...I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Ed meant by insinuating that Wie was hooking up with Angela Stanford ("Did she bag Stanford?") until I realized that he meant the university, not the pro golfer.  Ed, she discussed her own studies this week.  If you haven't visited ASAP sports, you can read all post-round transcripts there.  Here's the address:  http://www.asapsports.com/  They will send you daily updates to your email if you enroll.

Now that I've chimed in, what the hello is this thread doing on this site?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
But what continues to amaze me about Wie is how little she hits driver out there.  I think I saw it once today.  It's a shame that the LPGA set ups esssentially force her to drive with one foot on the brake like that. 

Laura Davies has been hampered by this for ages too.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jim Nugent

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »

Dave, what precisely does the LPGA do?

ed_getka

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
I am laughing my arse off at my own Anna Rawson stupidity...I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Ed meant by insinuating that Wie was hooking up with Angela Stanford ("Did she bag Stanford?") until I realized that he meant the university, not the pro golfer.  Ed, she discussed her own studies this week.  If you haven't visited ASAP sports, you can read all post-round transcripts there.  Here's the address:  http://www.asapsports.com/  They will send you daily updates to your email if you enroll.

Now that I've chimed in, what the hello is this thread doing on this site?

Ron,
   Thanks for the link.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

John_Conley

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 01:30:52 PM »
Dave, what precisely does the LPGA do?

Not Dave.

The LPGA does what they have always done.  They set courses up short enough that the same short list won't win every week.  Things have changed for the better as far as depth goes on their tour, but you wouldn't have many in the hunt if they played PGA Tour setups.  We know Wie can shoot around par on a long PGA Tour course...can't say that for many.

When Tina Tombs Purtzer is a past champion you know the courses were short.  She's just one of many.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back