News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Walter Bart

This article encompasses many of the themes discussed here.

I particluarly like the quote " How would you like it if the person who sold you the house calls you up after 10 years and says I'd like to sell you the house again"?

www.Boston. com/news/local/Massachusetts/articles/2009/0209/suit_takes_divot_out_of-clubs_fame/

Can't help but think that  Paul Fireman in the picture here bears a reasonable resemblance to  Rodney Dangefield  of  " Caddy Shack" fame.

Walter Bart

Re: Interesting Piece in Boston Globe -Willowbend Status,, Suits, etc
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
 The corrected link is, I believe:

www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/02/09/suit_ takes_divot _out _of _clubs_ fame

However, I cannot now get it to open.  Sorry
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:54:16 PM by Walter Bart »

Ken Moum

Re: Interesting Piece in Boston Globe -Willowbend Status,, Suits, etc New
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »
The corrected link is, I believe:

www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/02/09/suit_ takes_divot _out _of _clubs_ fame

However, I cannot now get it to open.  Sorry

How about this:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/02/09/suit_takes_divot_out_of_clubs_fame/?page=full

FWIW, I think the guy featured in the article is acting the fool. He spent more than a million on a house and $150K initiation and never checked the facts?

And, in this economy, it seems as if Fireman's offer is fair enough, if expensive. He's guaranteeing losses for four years and has an 80% money-back if the deal falls through.

The place is clearly a top-level facility that is suffering like a lot of other clubs in today's economy.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:35:42 PM by kmoum »
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back