News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Justin Broderson

Any clues to where Dixie Cup VI will be?
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
After getting all excited over the possibility of going to Ballyneal, I now need to figure out a golf trip. What could be better then a Dixie Cup. 

Patrick Kiser

Re: Any clues to where Dixie Cup VI will be?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:21:55 AM »
Wouldn't Yeamans Hall be nice...
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
There was some talk of Aiken, SC for this year's event.   A Palmetto CC/Camden CC pairing + perhaps Love III's Patriot (?) GC within easy driving distance.  Talk to the Dixie Cup 'chairs' about that....Mike Whitaker does much of the legwork on the DC's.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:20:09 AM »
I think it should be at some unheard of club that needs the income, and just rent the place for the weekend. Someplace like Kinston CC or New Bern CC.......just to be different.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

JMorgan

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »
Casa de Cowley

Mike_Young

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
As long as there are o dorks we can use Cateechee   www.cateechee.com    we have a lodge upstairs that will sleep 8 double occupancy and a cabin on #10 that will sleep 16......
BUT if you sneak even one dork in...then no deal.....of we do have that one dork that we do allow ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »
I think it should be at some unheard of club that needs the income, and just rent the place for the weekend. Someplace like Kinston CC or New Bern CC.......just to be different.

Joe

Joe -

That would be neat for us!

How about Cape Fear CC (Restored Ross)?  Or Linville Ridge, Cuscowilla, Bulls Bay, etc

Joe Hancock

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »

Joe

Joe -

That would be neat for us!

How about Cape Fear CC (Restored Ross)?  Or Linville Ridge, Cuscowilla, Bulls Bay, etc

That would be the hard part...picking a place. There's gotta be hundreds of potential clubs in the Carolina's and Georgia.

Sounds fun though, doesn't it?

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mike_Young

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
heres another.....nice place.....www.championsretreat.net
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »
Never fear... we have a crack team of hand-picked golf geeks working on Dixie Cup VI.

If plans come together it will be an outstanding event featuring something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.

Stay tuned... there should be some news to share with you in a few weeks.

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »
Cateechee is cool, so long as you don't lay the sod over your approach on #10, you might blow up the pipeline!  :o

That is one fun course on a whole lot of acreage.

I took one of my buddies on a 3 day trip where we played Athens CC (with the esteemable B Crosby ;D) on day 1, Cateechee on day 2, and Musgrove Mill with Turboe on day 3.   We flew into Atlanta and out of Greenville, it was a really good trip.

The fact that I won all 3 matches from my buddy may have added to the general merriment.  ;)

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 07:47:53 PM »
Michael - will the gentlemen at ANGC have us this year?  I think they could get some good press :)

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 10:33:06 PM »
Michael - will the gentlemen at ANGC have us this year?  I think they could get some good press :)

We could make it a two-fer and play Seminole on the second day!

If it is in the Carolinas, count me in.
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Justin Broderson

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 07:46:08 AM »
I am personally just looking forward to playing in the Dixie Cup.  I've lurked for the last few years and always followed KP and Dixie and always wanted to do something of the nature.  Looking forward to hearing more information soon.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
The fact that I won all 3 matches from my buddy may have added to the general merriment. 

And the unwittingly gullible victims just keep piling up...  ::) ;) :D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 11:19:19 PM »
The fact that I won all 3 matches from my buddy may have added to the general merriment. 

And the unwittingly gullible victims just keep piling up...  ::) ;) :D

Nothing unwitting about Buehler except when he's overserved at dinner like that opening dinner in Myrtle Beach!  I caught him on a down cycle.......

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back