News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Re: SOCKS 2010
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 10:45:04 AM »

Budget Estimate

Room  1800
     Golf     1000
     Caddie  400
     Food     400 

Total 3600   

Of course depending on use of caddie and your apitite it could be less. At any rate it is world class golf.

Anthony

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 11:36:17 PM »

Budget Estimate

Room  1800
     Golf     1000
     Caddie  400
     Food     400 

Total 3600   

Of course depending on use of caddie and your apitite it could be less. At any rate it is world class golf.

Anthony

Is that sharing a room?  Those double rooms in the resort are huge and really work well for 2 guys.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 01:19:52 AM »
Bill,
At that rate the reservations are in the Grove cottages, which have four bedrooms per cottage, each with a single king bed.

Ian_L

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:05 AM »
Anthony, would it be possible to give options on accommodations?  I'm sure many would be willing to share a room to save a good amount of money.  You might want to give a bare-bones estimate as well for those on a tighter budget.  For example:

Forest Double: $150 per person
Golf: $220, $110 replay

Totals:
Lodging $450
Golf $770

That's $1220 plus food, and you're set for the weekend.

If you were willing to go off-season in the future, the prices would go down dramatically as well.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08:02 AM »
Anthony, would it be possible to give options on accommodations?  I'm sure many would be willing to share a room to save a good amount of money.  You might want to give a bare-bones estimate as well for those on a tighter budget.  For example:

Forest Double: $150 per person
Golf: $220, $110 replay

Totals:
Lodging $450
Golf $770

That's $1220 plus food, and you're set for the weekend.

If you were willing to go off-season in the future, the prices would go down dramatically as well.

Ian,

In order to insure the tee times I had to reserve some rooms. The forest double is an option. We have reserved a meeting space for the opening dinner which is $300. This will be divided 16 ways. You do not have to stay at the resort if you do not want to which can save you some money. My fear is if it costs more money than what I estimate people will be angry. I hope to see you there.

Anthony

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
Count me in...I already have had my "ladies" block the dates off next years schedule...patients will have to wait for treatment..
great job Anthony

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »
  Starting this year you I am pretty sure you must stay on the resort in order to obtain a tee time more than 10-14 days in advance. Our group is there  every November and two players who stay in town have been told that this year they need to stay at the resort to keep the times.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
I thought this was going to be about pink socks. Bummer.

By 2010, all socks will come with jet packs and food replicators, standard.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Bill_McBride

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
Bill,
At that rate the reservations are in the Grove cottages, which have four bedrooms per cottage, each with a single king bed.

So it's $450/night single? 

Ouch, those are Tokyo, Helsinki or worse case London prices.  :o

Kalen Braley

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:49 PM »
Bill,

Bill,

This is correct... $1800 per night for each cottage.  http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/grove.cfm

The Forest Doubles at $150 per night per person are the cheapest for August.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »
Bill,

Bill,

This is correct... $1800 per night for each cottage.  http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/grove.cfm

The Forest Doubles at $150 per night per person are the cheapest for August.

Well, I'm glad I got to Bandon when I have in the past.  $450/night is brutal.  But the Forest rate doesn't sound too bad.  How about Chrome Lake and Lily Pad?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
I want a ruling on my "bet."

When I made the statement, I was wholly unaware Anthony would do this as high-end as possible, as he seems to have.  Had I known, I would not have made the statement, at least not for 16 players.  Budgets are real these days, sadly.

So do I still have to get out my socks ghoulash recipe?

TH

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »
As Anthony said his figures are high end..I am sure we will have options as too where we stay on site...whether it be liily pond/cottage or whatever else is available.
This should allow everybody the option of choosing their desired level of luxury and all play the same courses.

But I do not presume that  I know what Anthony is thinking.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »
As Anthony said his figures are high end..I am sure we will have options as too where we stay on site...whether it be liily pond/cottage or whatever else is available.
This should allow everybody the option of choosing their desired level of luxury and all play the same courses.

But I do not presume that  I know what Anthony is thinking.

That is understood.  And it's certainly not for me to say, as no way I can attend.  I just don't want to have to "enjoy" socks a la king.

;)

Anthony Gray

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »

That is understood.  And it's certainly not for me to say, as no way I can attend.  I just don't want to have to "enjoy" socks a la king.

;)

In all do respect for our beloved Mr. Huckaby, how many people think he will be able to resist the urge not to play Old Mac the first year it opens?

I have faith and have not given up the hope of his company at SOCKS 2010. After all his first drink and the socks are on me.

Anthony

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

;)

In all do respect for our beloved Mr. Huckaby, how many people think he will be able to resist the urge not to play Old Mac the first year it opens?

I have faith and have not given up the hope of his company at SOCKS 2010. After all his first drink and the socks are on me.

Anthony

Well.... Mr. Huckaby isn't even my Dad.  Tom is fine.  ;)
But the main thing is this:  whereas there is little doubt I can and will resist playing Old Macdonald some time around or after its opening, I can and will resist paying high-season prices.  So... you shall not see me in August.  I was temporarily insane when I posted before.

And whereas I do still think you will get some fine attendance for this event, my previous posts are sincere.  Socks au gratin is tasty of course, but not a meal to be unnecessarily chosen.

TH
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:01:07 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
Tom,

We're going to need pics and otherwise of eventual said bet settlement.  I don't think we can take you at your word on this one!!   ;D  ;)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »
Tom,

We're going to need pics and otherwise of eventual said bet settlement.  I don't think we can take you at your word on this one!!   ;D  ;)

Obviously.  But the hope is I do not have to "pay"... the main reason being false assumptions, thus bet called off... but of course I'd also settle for 16 making it to this.

TH

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »
Huck,
Be very, very aware of the last half of this comment by Anthony:

After all his first drink and the socks are on me.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »
Huck,
Be very, very aware of the last half of this comment by Anthony:

After all his first drink and the socks are on me.

Indeed Peter.. one could read that many ways.
 ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »

What flavor of socks do you prefer?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »
Good god.  The answer of course is NONE...

But no comment on that attired.  Wow.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »
Anthony,

I propose you halt the style talk in until after KP.

I'll be sure to take a picture with you.

Cheers,
Jordan

Eric Smith

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »

What flavor of socks do you prefer?

Antone,

Did you have these shortened, or do you buy your big orange pants in bulk?  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back