News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Josh Smith

Priceless
« on: September 25, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »
The look on Ran's face when we were walking off the tee on 16 at Bandon Trails and the twosome we were paired with asked us how we had met.  I replied:  We met in an online chat room. 

It was partly in jest, but it was obvious that Ran doesn't equate what he has built at Golfclubatlas.com to "an online chat room".

Please share other on topic-"Priceless" moments you have experienced.

Josh

TEPaul

Re: Priceless
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »
The look on Ran Morrissett's face walking off that hole at Bandon Trails probably wasn't quite as priceless as the look on his face when we entered the room we were sharing at Sand Hills after dinner and every single mosquito in Nebraska was in there because I left the screen door open after going out to smoke a cigarrette on the room's patio before going up to dinner. Of course I initially tried to blame the open screen door on him but it became quite obvious quite soon that that story wasn't going to work! ;) Trying to sleep in that room that night was probably something like one of those German Luftwaffah Blitz nights over London in the midst of WW2.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:21:11 PM by TEPaul »

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
Priceless - Mark Pearce's style guru  ;D
Cave Nil Vino

Mac Plumart

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »
Priceless moments for me relative to GCA.com:

Seeing Jim Thornton's swing   ;D ;)

Watching Adam Clayman bump and run and play the ground game...freakin' amazing!!

Meeting John Kavanaugh  :o  I think next time I see him, I'll give him a putting lesson!!!    ;D

Seeing John Mayhugh's face when Anthony Gray came out in a caddy outfit at Holston Hills   >:(

Seeing Wade S. clubs for the first time at Hawk's Ridge   ???

Playing nine casual holes with Brad Klein...cool stuff!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »

Priceless

My father’s comment that the worst of golfers only cheat themselves – probably truer todays than when he said it nearly 50 years ago

Melvyn

Anthony Gray

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 12:53:48 AM »

Jim Thornton bleeding out after playing Seminole.

Punched in the face by Eric Smith's daughters.

Raw meat with Kavanaugh.

Listening to every word Lyn Shackelford said for 18 holes.

John Cullum divorce advice.

Caddying at Harbor Town.

Cruden Bay.

Dave McCollum.

Dinner at Gib's house.

Getting Jim Thornton a Big Mac.

Takeing MOM to the Dixie Cup.

Face Licks.

Mowing the Old Course.

Anthony

Andy Gray

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 01:32:35 AM »
I agree with Anthony, definitely Playing a round with Dave McCollum. Some of the funniest moments on any golf course for me.

Being able to play at Bandon Dunes Resort and Riviera CC thanks to the fine folks here, THAT was priceless.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back