News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Joe Hancock

Re: Phil a little rusty?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 06:03:19 PM »
CONGRATS TO HEFTY, I MEAN LEFTY.  WELL DONE, BUT DID ANYONE SEE HIS OUTFITS??  I think this victory and subsequent ones should carry an asterisk because of his shirts. 

Nev

David,

"You'll are haters"........ ;D

p.s. it's "y'all"....Michiganders ought not attempt "Southern"..... ;)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

J_ Crisham

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 09:13:41 PM »
I've said this before, I'll say it again...Phil's done!
Hmmm, what were you saying? ;)   He got it done when he obviously fought his swing 2 of the 4 days. The great one's find a way to win when they don't have their best stuff.       Jack

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »
You know how women treat other women like sh*t?  I think the same goes for fat guys.  They hate to see one of their own (Phil) slim down.  Phat Cat fight.  When Tiger wins with less than the A Game, he's praised.  Where's the love for Philly Phil Phil?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

TX Golf

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
I don't know if I would call 63-72-62-72 having less than his A game.... seems to me like he is just a wild head case.

If you are going to throw in the 72s as not having his A game.... well than you also need to count the 62 and 63 as A+++ game.

The difference between Tiger and Phil is that Tiger won't have his game for all four rounds, yet manage to keep it a few under par each day and squeak it out at the end.

What do I know though.... I would kill for those scores.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
May I be blessed with just a bit of his rust and sartorial culls.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »

The difference between Tiger and Phil is that Tiger won't have his game for all four rounds, yet manage to keep it a few under par each day and squeak it out at the end.

An interesting point Robert is, would Tiger shoot the 62???

Maybe it is his high score that makes him the best player in the world ;)

Greg Chambers

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
I've said this before, I'll say it again...Phil's done!
Hmmm, what were you saying? ;)   He got it done when he obviously fought his swing 2 of the 4 days. The great one's find a way to win when they don't have their best stuff.       Jack

Not impressed...he should have lapped the field on Sunday.  He won because others choked  ;)   I'll be happy to eat those words above if he ever wins another major.
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

Damon Groves

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 01:47:37 AM »
I honestly think Phil will not win a major ever again.  He just seems like he has too many thoughts and too many voices.  Golf is really a feel game and whenever you think too much or have too many people telling you what to do or not do, your game crumbles.

I agree. Phil has crazy talent but to be blunt a 10 cent head. All can be going great and then the voices start taking over and the implosion happens. It is almost as if he can't help but take the most daring route when he goes off line. When he controls those situations he does well but he just can't do that consistently. It might simply be he knows the choices he makes are bad but loves playing golf that way and is willing to accept the results. If that is the case then good for him. He certainly has enough money to do that.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »
30some wins, three majors, -2 over the last three holes at Riv to win, and us guys who can't break 90 playing buck skins are acting as critics and "10 cent" psychiatrists!  The man might have five peers worldwide and we attack not only his magnificent record on the course but his physique, sartorial choices, lifestyle, etc.  Have any of you guys ever attended a KP and took measure of "us"?  Do you think that we elevate ourselves by tearing one of golf's greats down?  I know that this is jocular banter, but give me a freakin break!

BTW, those were three pretty outstanding putts on the closing holes.  Other than Luke, did anyone make a putt on 18?

I've seen Nicklaus falter; Palmer many times; Norman.  Hogan "gave" a few away; ditto for Snead.  Tiger may be the only exception, but he is near supernatural not only in golf but in every other sport.  It is inappropriate to set him as the standard by which we judge everyone else.  As I said earlier, may I be blessed by just a tiny fraction of Michelson's talent, and I'll add success and grace in public as well.   

Brent Hutto

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »
As I said earlier, may I be blessed by just a tiny fraction of Michelson's talent, and I'll add success and grace in public as well.   

Regarding "grace" I have seen Phil walk off the course after major blunders have cost him a tournament or a Championship and be asked questions by the media that were tantamount to calling him an idiot. In those cases he gave as forthright and even-tempered an answer as if he'd been ask what club he used to score an ace.

Leaving Tiger out of it, would you rather watch Phil win with his 63-72-62-72 heroics or some plodder grind out the same score with four rounds in the upper 60's? I'd rather see Tiger play than anyone else but among the "anyone elses" out there Phil puts on as good a show as you're going to see. And does it with a smile and wave to the crowd and I've never heard him issue an F-bomb after hitting a shot eight yards off line (oops, now I've brought Tiger into it).

Kalen Braley

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »
Lou and Brent,

Amen, amen, and amen!!  I remain baffled to this day for all the crap Phil gets despite the fact that:

1)  With 10 years left of good golf in him, he already has a HOF career that anyone not named Tiger would die for.
2)  He's a great family man with a super hot wife!!  <----- Edited...OK maybe not super hot, but still hot!
3)  He's extremely generous with his time with the fans in signing autographs and giving them mementos, quite possibly more so than anyone on tour.
4)  He makes a boat-load of cash in endorsements and purses.
5)  He's consistently been in the top 5 players in the world for pretty much his entire career.
6)  Even when he goofs up like the US Open at WF he's open and frank about it.
7)  Outside of Tiger is the best entertainer on tour on the golf course due to his unpredictability.

I guess, it all makes sense now why all the playa' hatin'...it must just be good old fashioned jealousy!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:33:46 PM by Kalen Braley »

Carl Nichols

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 01:11:26 PM »
Kalen:
I agree except for #2. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:04:45 AM by Carl Nichols »

David Neveux

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
Couldn't agree more w/ you Kalen in re. #2....Come on Carl, are you serious?

Carl Nichols

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 02:21:17 PM »
[removed]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:05:06 AM by Carl Nichols »

David Neveux

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »
Carl,

You are correct my man, that is not a great picture of her at all.  But lets not judge based on one picture sir. 

Kalen Braley

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
Sure she's no Elin Woods, but cmon she's no slouch either.

Here are a few more then for "extra opinions"

David Neveux

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »
Kalen,

My man.  I followed the Tiger / Phil pairing at the Ryder Cup circa Oakland Hills and most memorable part of the match was watching Amy and Elin follow side by side.

BTW, Amy and I locked eyes for what seemed to be 10 minutes.  I think she was into me. ;D

Nev

Kalen Braley

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »
Kalen,

BTW, Amy and I locked eyes for what seemed to be 10 minutes.  I think she was into me. ;D

Nev

David,

Never hurts to keep the delusion...errrr....dream.....errr "no way in hell its gonna happen" alive and well!!

Sean Leary

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »
Kalen,

Nev

David,

Never hurts to keep the delusion...errrr....dream.....errr "no way in hell its gonna happen" alive and well!!

I have seen Mickelson's wife in person a few  times. Anyone who disparages how she looks has never seen her in person or is just being contrarian (also known as Huckabyian)...

Tigers wife looks better in person as well.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »
This is literally the first picture I found of her.  "Hot" is not the first word I would use to describe her.

Carl,  I have to call you out on this one- unless you are into guys-not that there is anything wrong with that - your standards are either too high or you need a new pair of glasses. I'm assuming the woman in your life is a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model if you are criticizing Phil's woman.
           Jack

J_ Crisham

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »
30some wins, three majors, -2 over the last three holes at Riv to win, and us guys who can't break 90 playing buck skins are acting as critics and "10 cent" psychiatrists!  The man might have five peers worldwide and we attack not only his magnificent record on the course but his physique, sartorial choices, lifestyle, etc.  Have any of you guys ever attended a KP and took measure of "us"?  Do you think that we elevate ourselves by tearing one of golf's greats down?  I know that this is jocular banter, but give me a freakin break!

BTW, those were three pretty outstanding putts on the closing holes.  Other than Luke, did anyone make a putt on 18?

I've seen Nicklaus falter; Palmer many times; Norman.  Hogan "gave" a few away; ditto for Snead.  Tiger may be the only exception, but he is near supernatural not only in golf but in every other sport.  It is inappropriate to set him as the standard by which we judge everyone else.  As I said earlier, may I be blessed by just a tiny fraction of Michelson's talent, and I'll add success and grace in public as well.   
Lou,  Nice post!     As an aside, I have to say seeing everyone at KP was actually pretty revealing. Great group of guys, hope to join everyone again in April.   Wish you well, Jack

Lou_Duran

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Sean Leary,

You must admit, so am I.

Jack C,

We are a motley group of guys.  I hope the Capt. pairs me well (at least get Tony P. a better saddle).  Looking forward to April (and I don't mean the 15th), though I am disappointed that Mr. Huntley has been detained by his clients due to these turbulent times and won't be gracing us with his presence.  Pity.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
Why do I warm to Tiger but just don't with Phil.  I sure don't know Phil but I sense something disingenuous with him.

JC

TEPaul

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
"Why do I warm to Tiger but just don't with Phil."

Jonathan:

It might be hard to say. Have you tried pyschoanalysis?

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »
Now Tom...  said to the son of a clinical psychologist professor I guess I must say yes!

J

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back