News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Bart Bradley

Re: Phil a little rusty?
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »
Why do I warm to Tiger but just don't with Phil.

JC

Jonathon:

Once you've had cablanasian...?

Bart

TEPaul

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »
Jonathan:

Why you warm to Tiger and not Phil is unfortunately not something that a psychologist is equiped to deal with effectively. To get to the bottom of a question that complex you'd need at least ten years of psychoanalysis. This is something only a really good Freudian psychoanalyst is equiped to deal with.

You might even want to consider whether you may've had some unnatural prepubescent aversion to rust.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:51:13 PM by TEPaul »

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 06:52:12 PM »
Bart,

Egad Bart, you've solved the mystery!  My longtime girlfriend is Asian American and one of my great pals is black...

If only dad were still alive to share my epiphany

cleansed,
JC

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »
Okay Okay Tom, you are well experienced.  Do you recommend the longtime analyst you've used?  :)

J

Carl Nichols

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:45 AM »
[removed]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:05:54 AM by Carl Nichols »

J_ Crisham

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 08:43:43 AM »
Carl,  We can agree to disagree-kind of like a Lexus vs Mercedes debate.For the record , I have been fairly close proximity to both of them at the Masters and an Open . They have very similar body shapes. Although one has had 3 kids. Will be interesting to see what Tiger's wife will look like after 2. Babies can do strange things to women's figures. Thank God men are immune to such changes over the years! ;)        Wish you well, Jack

Carl Nichols

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
Jack:
We just had our third (on Weds), so I know exactly what you mean....though I'm the one in the family who looks worse for the wear!

Damon Groves

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
Our comments on Phil (while not about architecture so not sure what they have to do with GCA but oh well) are fair game given Phil is a public figure but I think the comments on his wife are a little out of bounds. Seems to me the wife and kids are off limits.

With that said I stand by my ealier post of Phil having a 10 cent head.

JSlonis

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »
Why do I warm to Tiger but just don't with Phil.  I sure don't know Phil but I sense something disingenuous with him.

JC

There's a strange dichotomy with Phil.  A lot of fans love him and a lot don't care for him.  What's odd is that he always appears welcoming with the fans and the media BUT he is the least liked player on Tour according to the other players.  His peers don't care for him and there has to be something to that.  It can't all be jealousy, can it?

Plus...he wore the damn White belt again with black shoes.  I would say though that many tour players aren't exactly the most fashionable lot.  If I were commissioner, it would be an automatic DQ for the guys that show up in pleated Dockers and those awful "Tobasco" brand shirts.  Even Woody Austin had enough sense to stop wearing those things. ;D

PAGING Marty Hackel...Marty? Come in please.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:28:41 PM by JSlonis »

PCCraig

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
It must kill Phil that not only can he beat Tiger in a major, he can't even bag a hotter blonde!!!
H.P.S.

TEPaul

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »
"I wouldn't want people talking about my wife on an online forum.  I've edited my posts."

CarlN:

Me too.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:26:12 AM by TEPaul »

TEPaul

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2009, 08:07:02 PM »
"I wouldn't want people talking about my wife on an online forum.  I've edited my posts."

Carl:

Me too again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:28:20 AM by TEPaul »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:32 PM »
I've hear similar knocks on Phil, but let me pose this question.  Whats better for the game?

1)  A guy who's great in the locker room and chummy with all the guys yet a complete jerk to the fans.

OR -

2)  A guy who doesn't care about socializing and hanging with the boys, but takes more time than pretty much anyone else on tour to give back to the fans and volunteers.

At least Phil would appear to have his priorities straight even if the other players don't care for him.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »
I wonder how many other pro's dislike Phil, and exactly why? 

How many pro's liked Ben Hogan? 

Carl Nichols

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2009, 08:04:16 AM »
Damon:
Fair point; I wouldn't want people talking about my wife on an online forum.  I've edited my posts.
Carl

TEPaul

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »
"Okay Okay Tom, you are well experienced.  Do you recommend the longtime analyst you've used?   ;)"

Jonathan:

Absolutely not. Even though he was nationally known and his father was world famous for doing analytic work on Mussolini's brain, after ten years of psychoanalysis he actually fired me. When I asked him why he said that psychoanalysis took a certain amount of intelligence and concentration and should not be looked upon as just another opportunity to chat.

But you know, Jonathan, I was cool with that because I've always been totally free and clear and incredibly normal and well adjusted anyway and I've certainly never had some potentially life-destroying problem like why I was more taken with Tiger than Phil or even vice versa!  ;)

TEPaul

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
"How many pros liked Ben Hogan?"

Jim Nugent:

Good point in the context of this thread. I was quite surprised to see in an interview with Arnold Palmer on this interesting 1960 US Open documentary what he had to say about Hogan. It was surprising to me since I had never before heard Palmer say anything that critical about anyone else. And from the story behind it one would probably conclude he had good cause.

On the other hand, it does seem that Hogan eventually reached that point of sort of iconic awe by most all, even if, one could probably make the case that not many ever knew him well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back