News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Victoria Hills versus Deltona Hills
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
Here's my bump from the other thread.  Looks like I might have two cracks at the Daytona-Orlando beltway in 2009...once in April and then in July.  I'm planning to play both Deltona and Victoria and want to head down with a sense of which rules the roost.  For those who have played both recently, what's your take on the Spy versus Spy quotient (I just made that up and have no idea what it means)?  Does one of the two stand out above the other?

Mil gracias.

Ron M.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Billsteele

Re: Victoria Hills versus Deltona Hills
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »
Ronald-I agree with Mike Sweeney here. They are both fine courses but the fun factor clearly favors The Deltona Club. In the 10 round test, I would split it 7-3 Deltona.

John_Conley

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:23:05 AM »
Prior to Deltona being re-bunkered and Sugarloaf opening, I considered Victoria Hills the single best golf course in the Greater Orlando area.  It is a lot of fun to play.  You'll have fun. 

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 01:10:05 AM »
In case you miss it on other thread 7 deltona 3 victoria.

I did not play victoria this trip but have played it more than 8 times. For some reason or another I always get it in bad shape so that does influence my decision a little. Victoria is good but I would drive the extra 15 four more times to play deltona. Well for now anyway  ;D

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 05:04:10 PM »
Reviving this thread to get some more opinions and/or updates about the current conditioning of Deltona?

Me and a buddy will be driving from Jacksonville to Orlando on Feb 7 and are looking for a relatively interesting/inexpensive round along the way.

Thanks.
South Jersey to Brooklyn. @marrrkfedeli

Rees Milikin

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
Reviving this thread to get some more opinions and/or updates about the current conditioning of Deltona?

Me and a buddy will be driving from Jacksonville to Orlando on Feb 7 and are looking for a relatively interesting/inexpensive round along the way.

Thanks.

Deltona is the better course, but the conditioning at Victoria Hills is better.  I prefer the variety of shots at Deltona more than Victoria, so I would choose Deltona if given time to play just one round.

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
Deltona is the better course, but the conditioning at Victoria Hills is better.  I prefer the variety of shots at Deltona more than Victoria, so I would choose Deltona if given time to play just one round.

That seems to be the consensus. I'd heard whispers that Deltona's conditioning was getting really bad, but haven't gotten any updates for a year or two.

Rees Milikin

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 05:24:45 PM »

That seems to be the consensus. I'd heard whispers that Deltona's conditioning was getting really bad, but haven't gotten any updates for a year or two.

I last played it in early summer and it was ok.  I just enjoy the shot varieties there, which makes me want to play it more than Victoria Hills.

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
Thanks for the input, Rees. If it looks anything like it does in this photo tour, I'll be all about it: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,38957.0.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back