News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Kestin

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Allow me first to briefly introduce myself. My name is Sam and I'm a senior at the University of Southern California. I've always loved the game of golf, and always had a tremendous enthusiasm for the intrigue that accompanies the design and architecture of the great courses upon which the game is played. Whenever I watch pro golf on TV and whenever I get out and play a course I've never seen before, I'm always throwing around my opinions of each course/hole to anyone who will listen. In that spirit, I present to you…

The 2009 AzaleaGolf Armchair Architecture Contest: Augusta Edition

How does it work? Participants are invited to submit their suggested redesigns for any of the holes on the second nine at Augusta National Golf Club. The best entry for each hole will not only get a free sleeve of the golf balls of their choice, but will also receive a signed, dated and personalized copy of acclaimed publisher Paul Daley’s new book--Golf Architecture: A Worldwide Perspective (V. 5). The winning entry, across all nine holes, wins a $300 gift certificate to online golf superstore TGW.Com!

As a student, I’ve never been a big fan of guidelines, requirements, MLA formats or any other restrictions on how ideas can and should be expressed. Accordingly, I’ve set no rules at all for what entries into this contest can and should look like. Sketches, drawings, paintings, stick figures, essays, cartoons, renderings, videos, claymation, elementary-school dioramas …however you want to express your redesign ideas relating to any of holes 10-18 @ ANGC completely works for me.

Furthermore, don’t feel limited by the concepts of accuracy to the topography of the site and/or fiscal sensibility…assume you’ve got an unlimited budget and all the required equipment to make the hole look exactly as you think it should look. 

Entries can be submitted anytime between now and April 1st. Winners will be announced after the last putt drops at the Masters Tournament on Sunday, April 12th.

For specifics on how and where to submit entries, and how winners are determined, see the home page at http://www.azaleagolf.com/Armchair-Architect-Augusta-Edition.html.   

I’ve forever enjoyed listening to the folks at GCA express their various opinions and ideas on how some of the great golf courses could be even better. All of your thoughts have not only played a major role in shaping my own about course design but, as I’ve gotten older, they’ve also fed my love for both it and the game of golf as a whole. As a small gesture of my appreciation, I offer you all this chance to put those ideas to use winning free golf books and equipment!

Sincerely,

Sam Kestin
President, Founding Partner
Azalea Enterprises, LLC (AzaleaGolf.Com)

PS- AzaleaGolf is also giving away other free golf stuff! For example, you can win tickets/accommodations for the 2010 Masters Tournament or $800 in free equipment (from Nike, TaylorMade/Adidas, Titleist or Callaway) through our 2009 Masters Match Play Shootout.

For more, see http://www.azaleagolf.com/AzaleaGolf-Masters-Match-Play.html.

PCCraig

Nice first post!
H.P.S.

Sam Kestin

Also-

If you guys feel there is any way I can make this contest better (besides giving away a car/house/boat to the winner, ect.)...by all means let me know. With a few months before April 1st, it would be no big deal to make changes/modifications to the format and setup for the enjoyment of everyone. Post your ideas here if you want, or fire off an email to AugustaArmchairArchitect@azaleagolf.com.

Sam

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back