News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Re: NorCal Getaways
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 02:38:24 PM »
I'd give Empire Ranch a weak endorsement (Doak 4), but if you're going to do the Highway 50 corridor, play Apple Mountain (Doak 6).

If Auburn is your destination, Darkhorse (Doak 6-7) is very good, The Ridge and Winchester are less so (Doak 5), but decent enough.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »
Cash in Starwood Points and stay at the W in SF. Play Sharp (30$), Gleneagles (25$) and Lincoln Park (35$). If you have time, I will set you at at Peacock Gap. Total Cost = $100 or so.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:33:09 AM by Forrest Richardson »
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »
hahaha. where do i get these points?

Jed Peters

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 11:22:40 PM »
LOL.

The Ridge is poop you guys! Sheesh.

Matt, I'll take care of ya. No worries. Just get well and heal up!

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 12:23:06 AM »
workin' on it!

JSPayne

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 08:44:16 AM »
LOL Jed......you're spoiled by Morgan Creek and SFGC!! The Ridge isn't half bad. It's not an architectural masterpiece, but I've always enjoyed playing it (except when play is really slow). What's more, the conditioning has always been above par when I've played. I have heard they've had a few issues here and there, but overall a pretty consistant enjoyable product. Much better than other options in that area.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Jed Peters

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »
LOL Jed......you're spoiled by Morgan Creek and SFGC!! The Ridge isn't half bad. It's not an architectural masterpiece, but I've always enjoyed playing it (except when play is really slow). What's more, the conditioning has always been above par when I've played. I have heard they've had a few issues here and there, but overall a pretty consistant enjoyable product. Much better than other options in that area.

I would rather play the 9-holer down the street, personally. I HATE the ridge. The feel of the place, the hole routing, everything. It's just a feel thing, I guess.

Jeff_Stettner

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
LOL.

The Ridge is poop you guys! Sheesh.

Matt, I'll take care of ya. No worries. Just get well and heal up!

Jed,
As somebody who likes The Ridge (neat kicker slopes, walkable routing, interesting bunker placements) I would like to hear a little more about your stance beyond the fecal matter descriptor. I do find a few of the holes squeezed but otherwise think the place is underrated...

Jed Peters

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »
Jeff:

The golf course is a contrived mess. The fairway corridors extend directly to can't-find-your-ball messes. The hazards and bunkering is misplaced, providing no rhyme or reason for the architecture--or strategy.

The course is not forgiving to the high handicapper, it makes for a not-so-fun round.

Richard Boult

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 09:44:17 AM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back