News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Andrew

Re: Tom Naccarato-Guest?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »
edit
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:35:50 PM by Ian Andrew »

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »

Knowledge is wonderful, but for the most part it comes via social intercourse, the exchange of views and opinions. Today one set of theories may dominate, yet tomorrow who knows. By communicating even to the point of disagreeing the debate moves on and our understanding increases. That is what I believe Ran has achieved by his minimal intervention policy on this site.

We humans learn from each other if we are allowed to interact. The problem is that compassion is being replaced by the desire to win AT ANY COSTS. Just look to our recent wars, battles won but we forgot to win the war.   

The point for me is raise ones concerns, offer or debate suggestions. They will be repeated on a regular basis due to evolving ideas, new blood and concerns of what maybe around the next corner.

We do miss the big guys. We certainly need more input form our Lady members and we ourselves need to keep reviewing our own outlook.

There is no right or wrong way, but our way and we should never have any fear in projecting our opinions. It’s the taking part that matters not the winning at any costs.

Just my opinion

Melvyn

Mike Mosely

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
Something tells me that this is just a cyclical thing.  Take time off and cool down.  I know Jay was miserable lately, just not enjoying GCA.com at all.  But I know he'll read every day, because this site is useful to us all.  He'll still write and his friends will post links.  I'm sure - like before - tommy and the others will be closer than we think, as well. 

Just as long as the fighting and snide remarks stop, I'm for it.  I really got frustrated when I started a thread on "course a" and a fight broke out about "course b" on two different occasions, then a third thread turned into...I don't know what, something out of third grade class?  I think we can discuss GCA without telling each other to "eat a shit sandwich rare."

Hiya Dick, I got your IM.  I'll hit you back soon.  And hello to Bill McB as well.  Need to catch up with you at World Woods some time.

C. Squier

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »

We humans learn from each other if we are allowed to interact. The problem is that compassion is being replaced by the desire to win AT ANY COSTS. Just look to our recent wars, battles won but we forgot to win the war.   

Melvyn, well said.  It is frustrating when you want to jump in on a thread, but take a pass because some participants just won't take any other opinion except their own into consideration.  This isn't calculus, there are rarely any absolute truths in GCA, yet egos get in the way.  To me there are few things more enjoyable on a discussion board than fierce debate with another and I walk away learning something new about another point of view.  Doesn't mean I change my opinion, but expand my own knowledge on a subject.  Unfortunately, the mutual respect sometimes lacks and it's just not worth the effort.

There is a way to disagree without being disagreeable.  That's when it can get fun.

Clint

Tim Bert

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 10:27:49 PM »
I think the most important thing about this site is to enjoy your time spent here.  I frequent this place because it is interesting, fun, and most importantly I learn so much about something I love.

If you find that you aren't having fun on the site, then it is time for a break.

Steve Lang

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »
 8) I'd echo Tim bert's point of view and add that memories are probably not as rosy as they seem.. some one has to be first, second, third, fourth etc..

i continue to note that guests almost continually outnumber Users.. so perhaps 1500 users are too many.. but if it works, why fix it?

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Joe Hancock

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »
I think the most important thing about this site is to enjoy your time spent here.  I frequent this place because it is interesting, fun, and most importantly I learn so much about something I love.

If you find that you aren't having fun on the site, then it is time for a break.

I have a ways to go, but I'm working on it......

>:(...oops, I mean,  ;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »
Something tells me that this is just a cyclical thing.  Take time off and cool down.  I know Jay was miserable lately, just not enjoying GCA.com at all.  But I know he'll read every day, because this site is useful to us all.  He'll still write and his friends will post links.  I'm sure - like before - tommy and the others will be closer than we think, as well. 

Just as long as the fighting and snide remarks stop, I'm for it.  I really got frustrated when I started a thread on "course a" and a fight broke out about "course b" on two different occasions, then a third thread turned into...I don't know what, something out of third grade class?  I think we can discuss GCA without telling each other to "eat a shit sandwich rare."

Hiya Dick, I got your IM.  I'll hit you back soon.  And hello to Bill McB as well.  Need to catch up with you at World Woods some time.

Mike, I don't get to WW very often.  Come on up to the Gulf Coast and we'll show you around this neighborhood!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 12:14:17 AM »
Knowing both Tommy and Jay, and their volatile Italian personae, I would propose a permanent injunction where they both enjoy all privileges of interaction on the website - except with each other!

Otherwise the rest of us are being deprived of the pleasure of their respective company on an individual basis.  They each have a lot to say about golf architecture, it just shouldn't be to each other.  Sound fair and reasonable?

This deep thought courtesy of two vodka martinis and several glasses of a decent Cabernet during the Utah scalping of Alabama tonight from which we've just returned.

Mike Mosely

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 12:57:29 AM »
Utah should get a shot at the Fla-OU game.  They're undefeated, and two one-loss teams are playing for the title...rigged!

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »

Joe H

Just in case I miss your exit let me say with sorrow in my heart :'( :D

“Bye, sorry to see you are leaving but a man as got to do what a man has to do, so stop the promises and get back to posting” :o

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back