News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Which hole is this? 2
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:57:38 AM »
As the first one took you so little time, I'll give you no hint other than it is not in the British Isles. Plenty of choice, then!

James Boon

Re: Which hole is this? 2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »
Won't give it away too quickly but I think its the second hole on an Alister MacKenzie  course of Royal patronage.

Cheers

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
And that is the tee in the bottom right hand corner. James, I think that's too helpful. On how many Royal courses did MacKenzie work?

James Boon

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
Mark,

Sorry about that! I'll try not to be too keen next time ::)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »
Mike Clayton has the gig at this course now, which will see it back to its 'glory' days. Although, first he probably has to undo a certain amount of Peter Thomson.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
Is that a trolley line along the bottom of the picture. Played it 0 years ago, nearly to the day.

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »
Royal Adelaide of course!
Just drove past there yesterday in fact. Not much of Mackenzie in this hole. Its not a trolley line but a passenger train line. There used to be a stop at the clubhouse, convenient for the toffs coming out from the city.

Mark
Royal courses with confirmed Mac involvement, although not all of these had necessarily their Royal patronage at the time:

Royal Melbourne, Royal Adelaide, Royal Sydney, Royal Queensland, Duff House Royal, Royal Troon (Portland), Royal County Down (Ladies Course), Royal Eastbourne, Royal St George's.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back