News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Greg Krueger

Hyland Hills Closed?
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
A good freind of mine from Southern Pines, NC told me that Hyland Hills has been shut down recently. Can anyone confirm?

While not a great course by any means, it is (was) a very enjoyable and fun course to play. Designed by Tom Jackson it has (had) a good # of excellent holes. I wonder if any other Pinehurst area courses are to follow?

Steve Lang

Re: Hyland Hills Closed?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »
 8) would be a shame..  some fun holes there in up and down the hills.. a good warm up course to get used to the sand hills

HH was first course my ohio-boys group played back in spring 1980.. starting off a 27 year run of spring golf adventures..

will always remember meeting some guys tumbling/stumbling out of a large camper in the parking lot there.. one had picked up the others on a milk run through manhattan after 5 pm on friday, they drove down to Southern Pines overnight, partying etc., then were having breakfast and were about to celebrate their 25th year of spring golf in NC at High Noon.. very aptly named..  my boys & I looked at each other and said man, can you believe that?   
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John Moore II

Re: Hyland Hills Closed?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »
Yes, I do know they are shut down presently. However, I wonder, based on who is running the course right now (Avestra Golf), if this is not just a temporary shut down in order to do some major work on bunkers, trees and other maintenance which would be far easier to do with no people. Considering that Nov-Feb are basically write-off months with almost no revenue, it makes sense they might try this now and open it back up in far better condition for the spring season. There was talk when I was still with Avestra that Hyland had very bad problems with weeds and other conditioning. So, while I may be wrong, I am putting my money on them doing some major course work to be in great shape come spring.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back