News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin_Reilly

Re: And we wonder why the economy is in the toilet.... (ot?)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:54:29 PM »
I'm shocked he's a 38-year old full time student.  How does he do it?
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
Would that it were that simple..........

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:23:18 PM »
Rich

It’s a Bank & it’s called Barclays = two great big positive negatives which means someone has to pay and it will not be the banks – well not just yet ;)

Melvyn

Tom Dunne

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
Dear Donald Moffat,

Thank you for your generous gift to our company and its directors. We have arranged for Fabio Perciatelli of Turin, Italy, one of the world's foremost ice sculptors, to fashion a statue in your likeness, which will be prominently on display at our next executive retreat, scheduled for February 2-9 at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point, California. We also got our design department to print up some joke $100 bills with your face on them instead of Benjamin Franklin's. We plan on using these liberally and with great cheer during our week-long coke odyssey.

We regret that your ever-busy schedule will not permit you to join us.

Once again, thank you.

Yours truly,

Edgar A. Fletcher
Chairman & CEO
American Insurance Group

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:59:42 AM »
Typical he wants compo for the "stress" involved, guess he was really worried about it or laughing so much he had to tell the BBC.
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »
Typical he wants compo for the "stress" involved, guess he was really worried about it or laughing so much he had to tell the BBC.
On the other hand, however, if you make a mistake with your bank and rectify it immediately they'll not be slow with a £30 charge, so I can't help feeling their offer of £10 is less than generous.  I don't know which I dislike more, the compensation culture or the banks.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 04:25:08 AM »
On the other hand, however, if you make a mistake with your bank and rectify it immediately they'll not be slow with a £30 charge, so I can't help feeling their offer of £10 is less than generous.  I don't know which I dislike more, the compensation culture or the banks.

They are both different symptoms of the same cancer Mark. Hasn't tolerance died a death at the alter of greed. It is also interresting that the banks short sightedness in the pursuit of short term gain is what got us into this mess (looking at quartely results instead of the long term sustainability) and it is the same short sightedness refusing to lend to feasable business) that is going to keep us there longer than we should be.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back