News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chip Gaskins

DryJect
« on: December 29, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »
Have any of the Supers on the board used the DryJect system? 

I was talking to someone recently that said this new aeration machine/process really allows courses to play much more firm and fast versus the old way of doing aeration. 

Is that true? and if so is it a cheaper or more expensive way to maintain the course?

Thanks

Michael Rossi

Re: DryJect
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
Chip

I have not used the machine, but after reading on the website I would like to see it in action.

As for the old way of aerification, it depends on what one is trying to accomplish by aerifying.
USGA recomends removal of %20 of the turf from greens annually. The dryject will not remove any. It appears to shatter the ground with water (like the old hydroject) and fill the hole created by the forced water with sand or what ever material you want to incorperate. It can not be compared to traditional aerification that removes material, but does look like neat tool. I have used the hydroject in the past which was a troublesome machine and did not have great success with it.

MR

Ian Larson

Re: DryJect
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »
Chip,

Dryject is a very cool machine and a very good company. I suppose it could replace standard aeration in certain scenarios but nothing beats completely removing organic matter. I would have to look at some old numbers but it is definetely not cheaper. But its very effective agronomically.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back