News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Olomana Golf Links, Hawaii
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
This is where President- Elect Obama played golf. Anyone ever play there?

www.olomanagolflinks.com
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Brad Tufts

Re: Olomana Golf Links, Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »
Hi Steve,

My dad has played here before...I will ask him tomorrow about it.

-Brad
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:32:40 PM »
Obama at Olomana?

;D

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 07:52:54 AM »
I've played there several times. Its an average public course on Oahu - many are better. I don't know why he didn't play Kaneohe Klipper which is much better and is on the Marine Corps base very close to where he is staying. It would have been more secure as well.
Be the ball

Russell Lo

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
Not a great course but a fun track. It's not a muni but plays ans appears like one. It gets a lot of rain on that side of the island so the course either is a bit muddy or rutted when dry. the layout features a few natural wetland hazards which does make you think about your shot selection. 3rd hole for instance is a 400yd 2 shotter with a stream running through it at 190-200 yds. Beyond that there is a small stream right and pond left. Layup and you have a challenging shot to the green. Go for it and bring the
far hazards into play. I've always hated this hole  ;D

Easy to provide security there as most of the course is surrounded by dense brush. That and being a public access course is the reason he likes to play there. Same goes for Luana Hills, another course he's played in the past.

Pretty good driving range, this is where Michelle Wie learned from Casey Nakama. She said she's vacationing in Hawaii this Chirstmas. wonder if their lining up a game?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back