News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Olsen

Bandon Police Report--Pulsating White Light. Is it Shivas?
« on: December 13, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
I have a google news alert for bandon dunes.  This just came in, from Dec. 2 police report.

3:05 a.m., officer observed extremely large pulsating white light in area of Bullards Beach; enroute to check. Appeared to be coming from Bandon Dunes Golf Resort; possibly working on green

http://www.bandonwesternworld.com/articles/2008/12/12/public_records/police_reports/doc4940460ad5bb4852432216.txt

Tom Jefferson

Re: Bandon Police Report--Pulsating White Light. Is it Shivas?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:20:52 PM »
Eric;

Most likely we were burning gorse.
At night, to take advantage of wind direction that will take smoke away from the resort, down the coast, and out to sea.
Not an everyday occurance, but common enough this time of year to feel comfortable with this guess.

Cheers,
Tom Jefferson, CGCS
Bandon Dunes Resort

the pres

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
Weird.  I saw that light the other night when we came up to the Lodge for dinner ... but I did not figure out what it was. 

At first I thought I had been fooled by the moon on the western horizon, but it didn't come up until later.  This was a VERY bright white spotlight, out by the clifftops or possibly down on the beach.  Definitely not a gorse fire.

George_Bahto

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 01:14:45 AM »
Aliens playing the 14th at Old Macdonald at night
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:11:48 AM »
Could it have been hunters spotlighting?

Eric Olsen

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:15:43 AM »
Tom Doak and Tom Jefferson---It would be interesting if the two of you could align on the gorse fire possibility, but I think that George Bahto may have it right....

Have they filmed Golf in the Kingdom yet?  It might be Shivas, or perhaps there is some kind of vortex being formed....with the visioning and building of Old MacDonald generating or releasing some sort of energy...

I know I should have bought into that movie when I had the chance!  ;)

If you click on the link that I provided, there is also a much less interesting story than that white light, but one which made me laugh anyway....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:19:54 AM by Eric Olsen »

Eric Johnson

Re: Bandon Police Report--Pulsating White Light. Is it Shivas? New
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »
Eric;

Most likely we were burning gorse.
At night, to take advantage of wind direction that will take smoke away from the resort, down the coast, and out to sea.
Not an everyday occurance, but common enough this time of year to feel comfortable with this guess.

Cheers,
Tom Jefferson, CGCS
Bandon Dunes Resort

Tom (Jefferson, that is),
Potentially, you are correct.  The light was either the mini-ex and/or the flames and/or a nearby crab boat (thanks Tondy).

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:37:56 AM by Eric Johnson »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back