News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Tells it like it is for Golf...Dave Seanor article
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
Read this article....
www.examiner.com/x-755-Golf-Examiner~y2008m12d11-Golf-looks-to-Asia-for-future-growth-but-lack-of-access-impedes-progress

Dave Seanor who was with GolfWeek for years and I think was Senior Editor...not sure....writes this article where he is the first I have seen to really "tell it like it is" for the golf summits etc.....
And he is right.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Tom_Doak

Re: Tells it like it is for Golf...Dave Seanor article
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:30:18 PM »
Mike:

That is indeed a good article.

Dave Seanor is a good guy.  He was the editor at GOLFWEEK who took the fall for the "noose" cover, so it just could be that he is a little upset with the golf establishment ... perhaps even upset enough to tell it like it is!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:28 PM »
Get Golf Ready is the culmination of eight years of debate, research and trial and error. It’s backed by an industry coalition that’s been galvanized to action by a decade of participation doldrums in the United States.

Don't these two quotes seem contradictory?

The conference was suspended in 2007 and 20/20 organizers, rightly fearing the coalition’s demise, knuckled down and devised Get Golf Ready.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Mike_Young

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »
Tom,
I thought Dave was the one that took the fall but was not sure.

I just wonder how much longer these so called golf summits and the golf conferences for developers will continue....same speakers, same promoters, same hype, all for each other and less and less attendees.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

C. Squier

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »
Public golf in Asia is still a bit off until the development of the middle class has matured.  A country like China didn't have much of a middle class (even less in non-urban areas) until this decade for the most part.  The poor were trying to feed their families and the rich already had their private clubs and resorts.  THey can have all the conferences they want, but until they have a population that can afford to play, it's all for naught. 

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »
Tom,
I thought Dave was the one that took the fall but was not sure.

Mike--it was definitely Dave.  I was talking with a Golfweek senior writer at the PGA Show last January--just a few hours after Seanor was fired.  He told me that he warned Seanor a day or two prior not to put the noose on the cover of the magazine--or that HE would end up in the noose himself.  Seanor obviously didn't heed the advice, and was quickly made the scapegoat.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back