News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim_Kennedy

Thursday's the Day- Nearly Free Fernandina
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »
To play at Fernandina Beach Municipal GC, Tom Paul's favorite. I get emails from them and today's missive is offering 18 holes w/cart this Thursday, anytime of the day.

Borrowed this photo from Flickr

I think it's from the West Course

p.s. if they force you to take the cart, just park it between holes #1 & 2 and bring it back later.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:43:29 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Jim_Kennedy

Re: Thursday's the Day- Nearly Free Fernandina
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »
Somehow I forgot to add that the price this Thursday is $22.00 w/cart.

::) ::) ::)

TEPaul

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:22:08 PM »
Would you just take a good look at the gorgeousness of that golf hole above. It's basically got everything including a cute little Timucuan rodent in the bottom right taking a quick little refreshing dip.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »
Tom - I like that - "Timucuan".  Didn't know that word, but I do now.

So - is it a muskrat or nutria?

Funny story - we had a slough of the Columbia River at Riverside in Portland, OR.  5th hole crosses the slough and then keeps to the right of it.  Between the 5th and the slough on the right are some nice big cottonwoods. 

One day a beaver was seen in the slough - we all thought it was cool.  A couple of days later we saw some gnaw marks on one of the cottonwoods.  Again, we thought it was cool.  Next day, this 90' cottonwood was felled by the damn beaver and other beavers arrived to share in his good fortune.

Believe me, some rodents can really cause havoc!

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »
http://www.highlandsreserve-golf.com/golf/proto/highlandsreserve-golf/home/home.htm

Then you can go down and play Highlands Reserve, scene of a former Fat Bald Drummer and Sweeney match for $49 all day.

4-Day Weekend Special at Highlands Reserve!!
Treat yourself to a 4-day weekend at Highlands Reserve and play ALL YOU CAN PLAY for only $49!!  The weather is nice and cool which means its the perfect time to play an extra 9 or 18 holes on us!  Just print this email and bring it in with you at check in to save big!

Call us to reserve your time!  (863) 420 - 1724

Offer valid 12-11-08 through 12-14-08.  Tax not included.  This offer may not be combined with any other offer.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
Another cheap day of golf, if you are in the Orlando area.

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
This Sunday (1/4/09) after 12pm at North Shore Golf Club come play Free Golf! $20 Cart Fee Required per player. One Coupon good for a foursome!
Please call the Pro Shop at (407) 277-9277 to reserve your time. All rates plus tax.
Thank You and we look forward to seeing you,
The Staff at North Shore

North Shore Golf Club|  11507 North Shore Golf Club Blvd.   |   Orlando, Florida 32832
www.GolfatNorthShore.com   |   Tel: (407) 277-9277   |    Info@GolfatNorthShore.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back