News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Nichols

Old MacDonald -- April 2009
« on: December 08, 2008, 01:17:59 PM »
I just got an email from Bandon to the effect that, beginning in April 2009, they will be debuting a 10-hole preview loop at OMD "only for our most loyal guests."  I assume, though the email didn't say this expressly, that those 10 holes will actually be open for play.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Old MacDonald -- April 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »
I just got an email from Bandon to the effect that, beginning in April 2009, they will be debuting a 10-hole preview loop at OMD "only for our most loyal guests."  I assume, though the email didn't say this expressly, that those 10 holes will actually be open for play.

LOL
Carl, nice of you to post, but that's really old news around here.  In fact in this forum, those waiting until April 2009 will be behind the times.  I have zero doubt many insiders will play the 10 hole loop well before then.  In fact a few of the insiderest of insiders already have.

But yes, that is when the loop opens to the general public, the most loyal guests being those on their massive email list.  ;)

I posted a question:  if one can go once only in 2009 and 2010, better to play the 10 holes in 2009 or wait until 2010 for the 18? I am torn on that.

TH

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »
I am waiting for all 18 to open personally.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »
Chip:

Patience is a virtue, and in the end I do think that will be the preferable way.

BUT... I am thinking of pulling a James T.Kirk, that is cheating by changing the question.  If I go in 2009, I can then argue later "I didn't get to play the whole course" and get a return trip.  That is a compelling reason to try for 2009.   ;D

Carl Nichols

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »
Tom:
I know -- I've seen those discussions.  I posted this just because the email has likely been sent out broadly, and so the information now will be traveling beyond just the small group of those really in the know (something I thought people here would like to know).  Like you, I also thought it was funny that April 2009 would be considered an early preview -- especially for "only our most loyal guests."  

I guess I could've made all that clear; maybe I'm subconsciously trying to substitute for Kavanaugh with unclear posts that leave much to be surmised.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »
Tom:
I know -- I've seen those discussions.  I posted this just because the email has likely been sent out broadly, and so the information now will be traveling beyond just the small group of those really in the know (something I thought people here would like to know).  Like you, I also thought it was funny that April 2009 would be considered an early preview -- especially for "only our most loyal guests."  

I guess I could've made all that clear; maybe I'm subconsciously trying to substitute for Kavanaugh with unclear posts that leave much to be surmised.

LOL
Good one there.  My bad, sorry to be such a know-it-all.

Sean Leary

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:40 PM »
Tom:

LOL

Don't sell yourself short. You are a tremendous know-it-all... ;)

JC Jones

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:50 PM »

LOL
Carl, nice of you to post, but that's really old news around here.  In fact in this forum, those waiting until April 2009 will be behind the times.  I have zero doubt many insiders will play the 10 hole loop well before then.  In fact a few of the insiderest of insiders already have.

But yes, that is when the loop opens to the general public, the most loyal guests being those on their massive email list.  ;)

I posted a question:  if one can go once only in 2009 and 2010, better to play the 10 holes in 2009 or wait until 2010 for the 18? I am torn on that.

TH

I have gone round and round on this with my brother.  He wants to go in March (so I guess we wouldnt be able to play the 10 hole loop) and I keep telling him that we should wait until 2010 so we can play OMD.

He then replies w/ "we'll go again in 2010."  Since I know that is unlikely, I am trying to get him on board for Pinehurst this spring and Bandon in 2010.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »
Tom:

LOL

Don't sell yourself short. You are a tremendous know-it-all... ;)

As well as a slouch.

;D

And JC, man it is a tough call.  But of course by going in 2009, one does leave options open, as tiny as they might be.

TH

Carl Nichols

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »

I have gone round and round on this with my brother.  He wants to go in March (so I guess we wouldnt be able to play the 10 hole loop) and I keep telling him that we should wait until 2010 so we can play OMD.

He then replies w/ "we'll go again in 2010."  Since I know that is unlikely, I am trying to get him on board for Pinehurst this spring and Bandon in 2010.

I have had two possible trips to Bandon, with two entirely different groups of guys, get deferred until after OMD is fully open.  I wonder how many others have made similar decisions -- and how it's affecting the resort.  It seems to be plenty busy.  

JC Jones

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »

I have had two possible trips to Bandon, with two entirely different groups of guys, get deferred until after OMD is fully open.  I wonder how many others have made similar decisions -- and how it's affecting the resort.  It seems to be plenty busy. 

Im sure there is no effect on the resort.  We are but a small few in the tree house, eve with our network.

Huck -

I agree that going in 2009 leaves options open, but for me, I only get a golf vacation once ever year, maybe not that often (last one was Bandon in 2004), so I dont want to go to Bandon in 2009 and have to wait until 2015 to play OMD.  I figure if I go to Pinehurst this year, I can use "hey they just opened the 4th course" as my negotiation.

Of course when I went in 2004 only 7 holes at Bandon Trails were open and that hasnt been a successful negotiation piece the last 4 years... ;)
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »
JC:  I know, I know.  I get fewer opportunities than you do.  It was just a smartass comment relating to once 2009 is gone, the chance to play the 10 is gone forever... and 2010, well... NEVER say never.

;D

I trust you do have this perfectly assessed, in any case.  Smartass was the only important word in that prior sentence.

TH

JC Jones

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 03:01:23 PM »
JC:  I know, I know.  I get fewer opportunities than you do.  It was just a smartass comment relating to once 2009 is gone, the chance to play the 10 is gone forever... and 2010, well... NEVER say never.

;D

I trust you do have this perfectly assessed, in any case.  Smartass was the only important word in that prior sentence.

TH

I picked up on it.  Trust me when I say, I was arguing with the voices in my head and not you.  I'm finding it hard to come up w/ legit reasons to NOT go. ;D ;D

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »
JC:  very cool.  Here's hoping the voices in each of our heads don't contact each other as the knock-down drag out between these powerful forces would be scary to witness.

;D

Paul Perrella

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »
I have already booked my group of 20 for Sept., 2010. I didn't check but I'm sure with a group of this size 2009 was not a possibility.

JC Jones

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »
I have already booked my group of 20 for Sept., 2010. I didn't check but I'm sure with a group of this size 2009 was not a possibility.

Are reservations seriously that far in advance?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »

Are reservations seriously that far in advance?
For a large group wanting specific weekend tee times, there is no doubt they are booked that far in advance.

If a foursome or less wants to go, I'm sure you could get a time this week... or any day thereafter pretty much.  Although odds are a lot of primetime 2009 weekends are already booked.

TH

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »
I, too, received that email blast from Bandon today.  Again, thanks to this site, I already knew this :)

I working on a plan to get out there sometime 2010 or 2011.  Need to round up a few buddies and make the sales pitch to them.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:46 AM »
I was in one of the many "friends of Mike" pre-openings for Bandon Trails.  It was in May, the weather was world-class ugly, and the greens were hairy and putting around 5'.  Given the price, I'll be waiting at least a full year after Old Mac opens before visiting again.

Dave Bourgeois

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »
I sure do like this Huck-a-logic.  I will be in Seattle in May, but I doubt I can make the trip to Bandon.  Maybe I can suck it up and get to Tethrow, it looks like it is closer.

George_Bahto

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
Lou - when we played the 10-hole loop in Nov the greens were fine and running around 8 or so, so that shouldn't be an issue
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back