News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Re: 2009 Golfing Trips
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »
One of the great things about playing overseas is the music between rounds. My oldest son is going to be in England this summer with his Aunt for a few weeks, and I hope to either meet them in:

1. England for some Coldplay; or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI8I6qcxWyU

2. Ireland for Mary J and U2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu72EZdVou4&feature=related

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »
I have a few things on the radar:

Kingsley/Mines weekend
5-6 day Michigan golf trip
3 day Virginia trip
3 day Pennsylvania or Maryland golf trip
Monterey, California!!!

Also the Reclaimed Mining sites 2 day trip to play Twisted Gun (WV) and then Stonecrest in KY on the way back to Cincinnati.

(of course I will squeeze in 25 more OH, MI, KY and IN courses to push my total past 250)

Possibly somewhere in December 2009 as wel, maybe RTJ GT.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:46:05 PM by Rich Hetzel »
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Andy Ryall

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
It is truly amazing to see some of these itineraries.   

My Indiana U. MBA crew has expanded to 12 and we are doing Orlando - Orange County National for 4 days in April after last year's cold, cold trip to Albuquerque.   Maybe a side trip to Sugarloaf for a few of us interested.

I hope to get back to Lawsonia this year as a follow-up to last year's initial visit.  Maybe to Indiana for a member-guest at Harbour Trees in Noblesville, an early Pete Dye design.   Outside shot at Sutton Bay.

Despite being a Minnesota resident, have not made to the Brauer Triangle in the Iron Range, I would like this to be the year and would try to make a visit to Northland CC in Duuth, a Ross gem, which underwent a tree removal program over the past couple of seasons.

It has yet to hit 30 degrees F here in the Twin Cities for 2009, so I'll be happy to hit a putt-putt course come Spring.....

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »
Andy, a week or two back I posted a thread about GCAers getting together in June to play at the Quarry (to lukewarm reception). Jeff Brauer even said that he might be up in June and if scheduling permitted, might play with a GCA group. If you're interested, let me know.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Mike Fowler

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2009, 01:11:15 AM »
April - Dancing Rabbitt
June - Pine Valley and Merion   Finally get to do this one!
Sept. - Wolf Creek and other Mesquite and St. Georges courses

All this talk about golf is driving me crazy. As I look out the window right now we're in the middle of an ice storm!!

Brad Kane

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
2008 will be tough to beat with Olympic, Pasatiempo, Morgan Creek, MPCC, and Kapalua Plantation!

However this year:

Bandon - February (soooo excited about this)
Banff/Jasper - July - such a shame I'm an hour away and haven't played Banff yet
Sandhills/Ballyneal - September - wife willing!  ;D

B.

Gerry B

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:20 AM »
so far confirmed:

feb -phoenix -nba all star weekend - desert mountain and maybe 1 round off site

early march - a seminole / indian creek weekend

early april - dominican replublic - tourney

may - chicago at some point CGC /OFCC and likely A vegas weekend

mid june -us open weekend on long island -creek / engineers/ garden city and 1 other will be played and staying very close to bethpage

early july or walker cup week in early fall - philly and jersey shore for 4th of july -pv / merion (if in july)/ atl city cc

chicago - member guest

mid july - british open weekend - oakmont and 1 or 2 other locals such as longue vue or fox chapel

late july  - short  trip to ireland - county down, portrush and1 or 2 other sin the south

august in europe - holland / paris area / london

september - northeast - a couple of member guests  and some nice fall golf - courses will be fishers / ngla / shinny / maidstone / myopia / yale / sleepy hollow / rockaway hunt club or fenway

november vegas - member guest

thanksgiving -bermuda or south florida

december -pre christmas 4th annual west coast swing - this year we played riv / bel air / valley club / mpcc dunes / mpcc shore / pasatiempo / olympic cliffs and ocean / san francisco gc / the cal club - cypress was the only missing link

Sean_A

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
so far confirmed:

mid june -us open weekend on long island -creek / engineers/ garden city and 1 other will be played and staying very close to bethpage

early july or walker cup week in early fall - philly and jersey shore for 4th of july -pv / merion (if in july)/ atl city cc

chicago - member guest

mid july - british open weekend - oakmont and 1 or 2 other locals such as longue vue or fox chapel

late july  - short  trip to ireland - county down, portrush and1 or 2 other sin the south

september - northeast - a couple of member guests  and some nice fall golf - courses will be fishers / ngla / shinny / maidstone / myopia / yale / sleepy hollow / rockaway hunt club or fenway

december -pre christmas 4th annual west coast swing - this year we played riv / bel air / valley club / mpcc dunes / mpcc shore / pasatiempo / olympic cliffs and ocean / san francisco gc / the cal club - cypress was the only missing link

Jeepers!  Who can top this?

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Jeff Spittel

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »

Jeff...

Add Champions to your loop and I'll tell you stories about the places I hope to play.
[/quote]

That sounds good to me, Kyle. We need to get the home and home going now that the end of the long H-Town winter is almost over.
Fare and be well now, let your life proceed by its own design.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2009, 10:32:24 AM »
I will be going to Arizona for the first time in March with the golf team for 6 days. It will be my first taste of outdoor golf since the first week of November.

Talking Stick courses
Ocotillo Golf Resort
Pavilion Lakes which is right next to Talking Stick

I had absolutely zero say in where we play since I am just a freshman.
Since I haven't played any of these courses, I would love to hear input about them.

Feel free to call in sick when it comes time to play Pavilion Lakes.  You'd be better off going to the back end of the range at Talking Stick and working on your short game.  Ocotillo's not much better.  If I want to see canals, I'll go to Venice.  Some pretty long walks between greens and tees if you're not in carts. . .

Matt Bosela

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
There are a lot of very fortunate individuals on this site!  I'll only see some of those courses in my dreams, I'm afraid.

Still, I'm pretty excited about my trip out west in early August to Victoria, British Columbia for a business/social convention.  While there, I'm likely going to try to play Bear Mountain, Royal Colwood and Victoria G&CC.  Good chance I'll hook up with fellow GCA'er Will MacEwen for a round, as he lives on the island.

Then, the wife and I will be flying to the interior of the province to stay with some friends just outside of Kelowna in Vernon.  While there, I'm going to look into playing Tobiano...I'd also say Dick Zokol and Rod Whitman's Sagebrush but I have a feeling that's a bit of an unrealistic target! :D

Heck, I'm just looking forward to the warmer weather...I'm getting a bit sick of shoveling snow here!

Carl Nichols

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »
I wasn´t going to be able to attend for unrelated reasons, but the 2009 iteration of my annual high school buddies trip (scheduled for Ocean Hammock in March, just before the Champions Tour event there) just got canceled, largely for economic reasons.

henrye

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 06:55:58 PM »
so far confirmed:

chicago - member guest

That one hell of list.  Looks like you'll playing more rounds than Tiger!

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
SW Ireland in June, Lothians late July, Fife in Oct and a bunch of shorter US trips including KP!  JC

George Freeman

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
so far confirmed:

chicago - member guest

Gerry B,

Who are you?? A President would have trouble putting together an itinerary like that!! 

That is an unbelievable year!  I am truly envious...

I hope you appreciate every round and enjoy it all!

Best of luck,

George
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Rick Sides

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »
Gerry,
You must either be a single man or have one hell of a wife to let you take all those trips.  If you're married, does she have a sister? ;D

Brad Tufts

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
Hmmm...

Mostly (all?) weekends this year...

Feb...RDU in a week with Simper.

March...weekend in FL with bro and Dad (4 rounds hopefully, maybe Sugarloaf, Deltona, V. Hills, Mystic Dunes)

May...Vermont in early May to play the current golf team at Midd.

May/June/July...Perhaps a southern NJ swing. (Galloway, PV?)

May...A week in Indiana for work with a few rounds played in May (French Lick, Warren Course, etc..).

July...Michigan GCA thing?

June/July...Weekend in Maine...Cape Arundel and the new Silva course.

Hawaii in August? Maybe a few rounds, definately the Lanai 36'er...

Sept...Colorado for work, will hit CommonGround a couple times, maybe Fossil Trace.

Oct...Upstate NY for work, perhaps Columbus Day weekend there as well like 08.

Probably RDU again in Nov/Dec...let's be honest.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back