News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jed Peters

Re: O.T. Golf Club Atlas is the finest discussion group on the web
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 02:37:36 PM »
yep, best of all the sites I go to....

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »
Mark B:

I pray that what you request never comes true.  If architecture is ALL that one is to learn from this site, what a sad sad sad site it would be.

I've learned a little about architecture here, I've learned a LOT about golf and life.

And I feel confident Ran is quite content with how this plays out.  Charlie G. explains it well.

TH

Anthony Gray

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »

Tom,

Well said. If all that was discussed here was architecture I could get my life back.

Anthony

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »

Tom,

Well said. If all that was discussed here was architecture I could get my life back.

Anthony

Anthony, I must ask: why on earth did you join the discussion group?

Anthony Gray

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »

Tom,

Anthony

Mark,

Passion for the course and game. But after reading the posts this site seems to be a place full of great guys.

Anthony

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »

Tom,

Anthony

Mark,

Its simple.  He joined so he could tap into those groupies that swarm Cirba, Huck, and myself whenever we take a step outside.  ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »

Tom,

Anthony

Mark,

Its simple.  He joined so he could tap into those groupies that swarm Cirba, Huck, and myself whenever we take a step outside.  ;D

Kalen,

Please don't expose me. You know others are watching. How many times do I need to tell you. Do you want me to write it in spanish?

Anthony

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 04:13:55 PM »
Well, the least we could do is help defray the cost to Ran of all these postings. If his question, "what can be learned about architecture?" isn't enough to moderate one's behavior, then perhaps the knowledge that every time we post, regardless of content, money comes out of Ran's pocket.

And if we can't pay for our share of bandwidth consumption or contribute the par of our favorite course(s) given these economic times, at least we can send in the equivalent cost of popcorn and a movie.

Mark

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »
Well, the least we could do is help defray the cost to Ran of all these postings. If his question, "what can be learned about architecture?" isn't enough to moderate one's behavior, then perhaps the knowledge that every time we post, regardless of content, money comes out of Ran's pocket.

And if we can't pay for our share of bandwidth consumption or contribute the par of our favorite course(s) given these economic times, at least we can send in the equivalent cost of popcorn and a movie.

Mark

Mark:  I do concur that one and all should contribute.  I have done so annually for quite a few years.

I'm just not sure I agree that Ran's question as you pose it is meant to be asked of each and every post, each and every topic.  He has indicated differently to me.  Of course there does remain a fine-line and quite obviously one can go overboard; but I also don't think he intends this to be 100% always devoted to architectural learning. 

TH

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »
IMHO, it's important to set expectations and self-police behaviors in a reasonable (non-censoring) manner.  A purpose or goal should be set so that we at least know what we should be doing, even as we sometimes fail.

Post GogglesTM wouldn't bar people from launching OT, just remind them.

Phil McDade

Re: O.T. Golf Club Atlas is the finest discussion group on the web New
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 12:19:34 PM »
Speaking of such, what is up with this Blagojevich guy?   Who voted for this guy in Chicago last election?
You know, I seem to recall that Shivas guy telling us a few months ago something to the effect of 'you guys have no effin' clue how corrupt Chicago politics are and how deep and wide the swamp is.' 

...and it's STILL just getting started if you ask me.  If you read the criminal complaint, they got wiretaps right around when Rezko started proffering information (ie, talking to the Feds) ini late October.  Seems to me that's the info the Feds used to convince the judge of probable cause to get the wiretaps.  What we don't know is who else got tapped.  And we don't know who else has been tapped since before October.

BTW, there's a really interesting exclusive on the front page of the Chicago Tribune about a Jesse Jackson fundraiser for Blago for -- lo and behold! -- $1MM last Saturday...

NEWS FLASH!!!

BLAGOJEVICH RESIGNS; SCHMIDT APPOINTED GOVERNOR

This just in from WGN......

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, implicated in a pay-to-play scandal earlier this week, has resigned. In a sudden and unexpected compromise reached by the Illinois Legislature, Winnetka lawyer/barefoot golfer Dave Schmidt had been appointed governor.

The appointment of the otherwise unknown Schmidt as governor was explained in a hastily called press conference by Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan. Schmidt's only known governmental expertise came in comments made earlier this year on an obscure website called GolfClubAtlas, in which Schmidt advocated the abolishment of all local, county and state government offices and functions.

"Since he doesn't believe in much government, we figured he wouldn't be able to sell much of it off," Madigan explained, in hoping Illinois could end its recent practice of governors ending up in jail or arrested at their homes.

Schmidt said his first priority as governor would be putting a stop to renovation plans at the Peter Jans National Golf Course in Evanston, indicating he had information that the redevelopment of the course was tied to a complicated refinancing and campaign contribution scheme discussed in previously undisclosed federal wiretaps that implicated Blagojevich. Schmidt had joined several local golfers in opposing the changes at the Jans. The former governor's wife Patricia, involved in real estate deals on property adjoining the Jans golf course and apparently aware of the opposition efforts, can be heard on the wiretaps urging tough tactics against the golfers, saying: "Hold up that fu...Jans sh..! Fu..them!"

Schmidt spokesman John Kavanaugh said the new governor would begin quickly to resore credibility to a state and city tarnished yet again by scandal.

"It's a dark period in our history," Kavanaugh said. "Dark, dark, dark. But in our darkest hours, and even in the darkest poetry expressed by our citizens, we will see our way through to the light. We hope our good name, and good standing, will be restored, at this site and others."

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:21:39 PM by Phil McDade »

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »
Post of the year.

;D ;D ;D

TEPaul

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
"Plus, it would put an end for all time to speculation as to who Hamilton B. Hearst and Dr. Katz are..."

Shivas:

I haven't seen those two birds on here in a long time. What is or was the word on the street as to who they are or were?

The only mysterious pseudonyms I feel pretty certain I've finally nailed down after a lifetime of investigaion is Reginald Van Gleason and Mrs. Callabash. The latter was the hardest but I finally figured out who she was but I have yet to figure out where she was.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »
Phil McDade,

Now THAT is funny.

Dave,

Yes, my future political career went up in smoke during college, as well;  literally and figuratively...and then there's that sex tape.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back