News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Ferrell

Coore & Crenshaw Video Posted
« on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »
http://www.coloradogolfclub.com/modules/video/index3.php

Last year, Colorado Golf Club commissioned my production company to do a comprehensive video of their grand opening.  From that footage (and other footage captured as we documented the construction process), we produced a short feature on Coore & Crenshaw.  It is now posted on the CGC site, and I though y'all might enjoy it.

Jon Spaulding

Re: Coore & Crenshaw Video Posted
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »
Great work, and great subjects!

I agree with the ping-pong comment. Some courses make me want to be doing that.

You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »
Interesting video. Ping Pong again ::). And what is it with the guitar, why do they do that?

Tom Dunne

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:25:16 AM »
Nice job, Tom. Looking forward to seeing CGC one of these days!

Ian Andrew

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:51:19 AM »
Tom,

That was great - I enjoyed that it concentrated on their relationship.

TEPaul

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »
I was most interested in what Ben had to say about the importance of essentially open fronts to greens. Clearly that kind of thing is an open and ongoing dynamic in design concept. I would remind all that some of the most famous and enduring old courses and architecture such as Pine Valley and Merion East in this region of mine have close to half their holes that do not have open front architecture or options at all. I'm certain this was no oversight on the part of their original designers, Crump and Wilson, but rather a preconceived application of what was occasionally referred to back then as "shot testing."

However, it has to be true to say this very much depends on who (what kind of golfer) the course is basically intended for. In Crump's case he stated a number of times that his course was never intended to be for other than good players, and in the case of Merion it was clearly stated that the East course was the club's championship course, and, as Alan Wilson, Hugh Wilson's brother wrote, the West course was intended for the "Ninety and Nine."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:23:17 AM by TEPaul »

Matt Varney

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »
Tom Ferrell,

WIll you please give me a call (865) 300-9660 or send me an e-mail to mdvaney@gmail.com so that we can talk?

Thanks,
Matt

TEPaul

Re: Coore & Crenshaw Video Posted New
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 06:20:48 PM »
Wrong thread. Moved to another residence.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:41:04 AM by TEPaul »

Rob Rigg

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 12:59:00 AM »
Tom,

That is a great video. It is obvious how much the pair enjoy working together and respect each other. I think Crenshaw's hesitation, while choosing words, before stating that Coore is the best router around was quite interesting - as if he was deciding to go "all in" or not. Fair comment too, from what I have read, Bill puts in as much time as anyone else in routing his courses and really gets to know the land which is evident in the often spectacular outcome.

I also thought it was great that these two are so excited about what they do and obviously feel fortunate to be pursuing their dream job one project at a time. CGC looks like a great course - as always, too bad one I would love to play is not open to the public.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back