News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian_L

Re: Top 100 Nominations (Closed)
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
Last few nominations added (Barnbougle is already on the list, Dieter).

Thanks to everyone for your participation, the final nominations can be seen at the beginning of this thread.

henrye

Re: Nominate Courses for Top 100 in the World
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »
Hi Henry,

Thanks for your insight.  I will add Cabo Desert, Tamarindo, Isla Navidad, and Tres Vidas to the nominations list (Redtail is already on the list).  Hopefully that covers all your nominations.

We are not taking any courses off the list to avoid further work and confusion.

Looks like you changed your mind.  Any reason?

Again, based on the list Tom Doak provided for Canada, Mexico and the Carribean, I don't think he gave it much thought at all.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but he could likely confirm this here, or directly with you.

Ian_L

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
Henry, the courses you nominated that did not receive a second were not added to the list.  If someone wants to second any of those courses today I will accept it.

This is a copy of what Tom D said in his creation of this list, hopefully this answers any questions you might have:

"I have quickly gone through the old GOLF WORLD lists of the best courses in the UK and Ireland and the best in Continental Europe, as well as the GOLF DIGEST "Planet Golf" List of the best courses in 197 (!) countries.  If you use all those lists you get something like 250 challengers, even though realistically only 50 of those courses would ever get any serious support for the top 100 courses in the world.

I'll list them all, and put asterisks by the ones I think you should bother putting on the ballot."

(He put asterisks on all the Canadian courses on his lists BTW)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:48:01 PM by Ian_Linford »

TX Golf

« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2009, 11:42:23 AM »
This should be interesting..... what a first post!!!

Jed Peters

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2009, 11:46:56 AM »
This should be interesting..... what a first post!!!

Funny, I thought the same thing.

Ian_L

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
Hi all, I hope to have the ballot finished within the next few days.  Sorry for the delay...

Ian_L

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
Hi everyone,  I had a big problem with the Google Docs software.  It turned out my survey was too big, so I've split it up into two pages.  I will provide a link soon to the survey in a new thread.  Feel free to leave comments here about the process.  Sorry for the long wait.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back