News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Rigg

Re: Old Macdonald teaser
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »
Joe,

The last set of pics you posted are the best yet - wow!

Ocean or no ocean - OM looks like it will be an incredible golfing experience.

How has the feedback been from guests you have caddied for on the holes that are open?

Thanks

Tom_Doak

« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »
Hey, Joe:

They've seen enough holes now.  No pics of 8-9-10-11-14, please!

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2008, 04:34:11 PM »
Hey, Joe:

They've seen enough holes now.  No pics of 8-9-10-11-14, please!

Is this like when you are watching a football game on Satanta Sports when Ronaldo goes one on one with the keeper, then suddenly cuts out and asks you for a £15 pound a month upgrade? ;D

Just remember this is what we beat the USSR to preserve, but at least we don't have goverment arresting other partys MPs, oh wait we do in the UK ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:37:44 PM by Matthew Hunt »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »
This is an older aerial, so there aren't any giveaways here I think.

Some have asked how much "beachfront" there is on Old Mac.  This aerial shows the space between PD 13 green and the road.  Google Earth puts the differential at about 400 yards, but not sure how much of that is suitable area for golf hole placement.

Max Caulkins

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
Speaking of yardages, what the heck are "Friendly Tees"?  ;)
Is there a marshall at each tee, asking how your round is going?
When you let Jim do the scorecard...

Tom_Doak

« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »
Matthew:

Note the title of the thread is "teaser", not "complete hole by hole pictures".  I was just trying to save Mr. Bentham from a false advertising claim ... and to save some of the holes for on-site discovery.

If we posted pictures of every hole at Royal County Down, maybe nobody would feel the need to fly over there, either.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »

Always leave 'em wanting more.

Anthony

Rob Rigg

« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2008, 12:29:56 AM »
I just looked through an old RCD thread that had pics of all 18 - smashing! Can't wait to get there!

If only Aer Lingus flew to P'town  :'(

Tom - We're obviously OM fiends, unless there is a 4 hour full round documentary on the site I'm pretty sure we'll all be there as soon as we're given the green light (and some of us rob a bank).

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2008, 12:51:21 AM »
  I will not be posting any of my pictures from the Urbina tour and my walkabou the next day when I walked all the constructed areas. I spent a lot of time up at the snag goalposts. The resort may need another shuttle
ala Trails 13/14.
  Epic. Trying to find the best word to describe OM that is where I ended. Its scope reminds me of Royal St. George. I will play it withour regard to par. And while I won't play the friendly tees don't expect me further back than the shorts.
  Of the four courses at Bandon, this would stand as the most suitable
for a medal play event. As a golf course it could handle any field. The greens are vast, but the surrounds defy any rational description. For those who know my game, they are most challenging I have seen and I may resort to an aerial game.
  I think my favorite rendition is the 11th (Road).

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:43:18 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Joe Bentham

« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2008, 01:43:02 AM »
I can understand Tom's wishes, and will gladly oblige.  Although I tend to agree with Rob's sentiments.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:52:55 AM by Joe Bentham »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2008, 01:54:30 AM »
edited out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:04:23 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Jim Nugent

« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2008, 01:57:45 AM »
Matthew:

Note the title of the thread is "teaser", not "complete hole by hole pictures".  I was just trying to save Mr. Bentham from a false advertising claim ... and to save some of the holes for on-site discovery.

If we posted pictures of every hole at Royal County Down, maybe nobody would feel the need to fly over there, either.

You have it exactly backwards, Tom.  The more pix, the more news about Old Mac, the more excitement will build.  A great form of free advertising for the course.   Especially when everyone to a man says the course is incredibly spectacular.  

At the same time, I think we should respect your wishes.  

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2008, 02:00:32 AM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:02:53 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Ian_L

« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2008, 02:12:24 AM »
There's something to be said for the novelty of the first visit, rather than knowing everything beforehand...

Jim Nugent

« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2008, 02:30:42 AM »
There's something to be said for the novelty of the first visit, rather than knowing everything beforehand...

Ian, I get the feeling you won't know everything about Old Mac, even after playing it 100 times, much less seeing some photos on the internet.   

Ian_L

« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2008, 04:07:25 AM »
Good call, Jim, "knowing everything" was definitely an overstatement.  :-X
What I should have said is, there's something to be said for seeing a hole for the first time in real life rather than pictures.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2008, 08:48:42 AM »
Too many people would complain ... and neither Mr. Keiser nor Kemper Sports likes the idea of causing customers to complain.

Yeah, right.  Apparently you've never seen the green fees.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back