News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Ash Towe

Re: O/T Ballesteros has fourth operation
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
This is sad news.  He has the heart of a lion and is going to need it.  My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »
Never despair, Bob. The message from La Mancha is, "For it is God's will that fortune changes, and what is lost today is won tomorrow."

Pax,

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
J-PP, good to see you back...

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
BBC Radio reporting that this was a scheduled operation, which may be good news.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 03:20:30 PM »
Tom, we are all Parodis, aren't we?

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:28:01 PM »
To Be At One With Parodi, We Have To Strive To Be Parodi.........

Bravo Jean-Paul, Bravo!

Dave_Miller

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »
BBC Radio reporting that this was a scheduled operation, which may be good news.

If this was a scheduled operation then hopefully it is good news.  Seve broughrt so much to the sport.  Our prayers are for him and his family.
Best
Dave

Dave Bourgeois

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
Sounds like he had a shunt placed.  Shunts remove excess fluid (could be blood or CSF) in order to keep the inter cranial pressure at a normal/safe level.  My son had a shunt in place for for a few months in an attempt to manage the size of a large cyst, but they can be used to manage bleeding etc. 

In my sons case the shunt failed and a different procedure was completed to connect the cyst to the natural pathways of the brain. So far he is doing well, and is a normal 1 year old.

It is truly amazing what neurosurgeons can do.

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:00:54 PM »
Essentially these are the final surgeries.
The bone flap that was removed to reduce intracranial pressure has been returned.
Spinal fluid is not being absorbed well.This is common with a brain tumor.Therefore a shunt is placed to keep the spinal fluid pressure normal.
As soon as he recovers from these surgeries Seve should be as good as he can be with this problem.The type of tumor he has is generally very slow growing.

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 09:13:47 AM »
Reading about Seve and Dave's son I hope we all do our best to keep our priorities of what is truly important in these very difficult times. 

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »
Reading about Seve and Dave's son I hope we all do our best to keep our priorities of what is truly important in these very difficult times. 

Cliff, what would you suggest we do?

PThomas

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 09:20:17 AM »
Sounds like he had a shunt placed.  Shunts remove excess fluid (could be blood or CSF) in order to keep the inter cranial pressure at a normal/safe level.  My son had a shunt in place for for a few months in an attempt to manage the size of a large cyst, but they can be used to manage bleeding etc. 

In my sons case the shunt failed and a different procedure was completed to connect the cyst to the natural pathways of the brain. So far he is doing well, and is a normal 1 year old.

It is truly amazing what neurosurgeons can do.

Dave, best wishes to your son and to Seve
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
Just read this short story from the NYT site:

The Best Golf Story Ever Told by an Economist
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Rich Goodale

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
Just read this short story from the NYT site:

The Best Golf Story Ever Told by an Economist

Cool, but it sounds Apochryphal.  Say it ain't so, Joe (or Kevin, as it were.....).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back